It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: TrueSpace 7.6
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:07 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

In the past I've never had much trouble finding this TrueSpace editor, it was purchased by Microsoft a few years back and offered as freeware then to anyone that wanted it. It was the start of many free software's in the entertainment and 3d media circle. So today I see that it is still out there for free but unfortunately a lot of host are trying to make money from the downloading. Even C/NET which at one time was very well respected and always had clean programs not full of garbage and tool bars and all the stuff no one wants automatically installed, has now started bundling garbage. I guess the thing that most disturbs me is the fact they try to bury the install options so that you miss the options to not install all the garbage. To that end I couldn't find a decent un bloated copy so I cleaned one up and put it up on free storage, it is only the installer so you will be downloading no junk! Anyone that wants a copy is more than welcome, it is freeware and there are tons and tons of documentation and tutorials out there. Initially you will hate the interface but it does offer a cleaner option with text rather than all those useless icons, so many icons that I really believe it hurt the software more than the competition did. It was considered a 4 or 5 star editor in it's day. The size is about 127megs, a lot of program for free and it can be very helpful and fun for people who would like to learn 3d modeling and the other things such as UV mapping and animation. It still has some life left but it is not maintained as it was in it's prime.

Note: I use windows XP and have no idea if it will run on 7 or 8 or Vista, and it is 32 bit software intended initially for XP and older. I suppose in compatibility mode it would install and run just fine choosing XP.

TrueSpace 7.6

[Link removed by Moderator]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]