It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heart Broken
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:55 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

:( :( :( So down and out...I guess it was never meant for me to find true love...i hate to depress any one on here. but i have very few friends. and don't have many to turn to when things are tough for me...just don't know what to do about it. i haven't been on in a while..just haven't had to many good days of late...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Heart Broken
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:12 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

rdgracer71 wrote:
:( :( :( So down and out...I guess it was never meant for me to find true love...i hate to depress any one on here. but i have very few friends. and don't have many to turn to when things are tough for me...just don't know what to do about it. i haven't been on in a while..just haven't had to many good days of late...

A good friend of mine once told me when i was in hard times "When life hands you lemons, make lemonaid"
Now he didn't make that up someone else did a long time ago.Not sure whom it is quoted from, but it was darn good advice.
You can not change the things we go through.We learn from them and pass the solutions on to others who need it.
Good times will come you will see. :bigthup

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:18 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

rdgracer: i'm so sorry to hear that! there will be better times ahead, but i know what it's like after a heartbreak, you always have a tough time to get through before you reach those better times again. if you can, stay creative. creating things, no matter what, really, is the best medicine there is.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:24 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

rdgracer71 wrote:

You're not alone. Depression is very common in this world and I'm fighting it myself with medication and voluntary work. One of the worst things you can do is give in to "i don't feel up to it." Just making yourself do one thing a day that you don't feel like doing can be very helpful. I don't believe there is a real cure for depression - people like us simply can't see life the way everybody else sees it but there are things you can do that might help you through the tough times. If this is an ongoing problem, speak to your doctor about it - s/he might be able to get you some counselling or something. Don't go through it alone. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:16 am  (#5) 
Global Moderator

hugs rdgracer. Sorry about your recent romantic loss. I too will be here if you wish to get more off your chest.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:14 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

sometimes, a broken heart is a living open piece of flesh, while many of our solid hearts are just closed pieces of stone.
When life is tough, remember, you are never alone: He is always with you: be open to the true Love; maybe, you don't believe in Him, but He believes in you.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:02 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

I think you will find an inner strength that you never knew you had. You will have your moments, but you do have many friends here online. That is not exactly the same as having people with you in person, but it's still good. Losing someone you love, in any way, is a bitter pill, but you can try to lose yourself in work, hobbies, and whatever until it becomes a bit easier. I have an acquaintance who's wife left him all of a sudden. For him, it was the end of the world, the sun rose and set on her, but he soldiered through. He surprised himself that he was able to do this, and he has moved on as best as he can. It's what you have to do, and you never know what interesting things the future will bring.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:21 pm  (#8) 
Global Moderator

We get use to things, when a part of it leaves we get confused.
Change things up, break that routine, keep busy, try something new. :bigthup

Spirit Bear (Kermode)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:34 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

I'm so sorry to hear that.. :( Life has it's ups and downs, even in times when it looks like you can't get out of the deep gap you're in, just remember there will be better times ahead I'm sure of it.
If you need someone to talk to you can always PM me!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:40 pm  (#10) 

I am sorry you are down at the moment. All has been said in the messages before. We are here and online friends are nice !!! you cannot see us. !!!! Lol. xxxx :pengy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:36 am  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

Hi there, rdgracer71. I was just gonna skip this thread. I'm not good with platitudes, I always feel awkward and out of place when I use them. The reason for this is my social anxiety coupled with severe bouts of depression. I don't want to hear these things when I'm down, and so I try to refrain from using them on others that are in this place.

I can tell you that I know how you feel. Because I do. I'm there every day taking another bite. But this probably means nothing to you right now. Because nothing will take that edge off. Some days will be very rocky and I've gone days where I not only had to take it one step at a time, no, I had to will myself to draw my next breath.

So really. However small those steps need to be that bring you back around to yourself. Just remember that. Breathing helps. Your next breath is amazing. Take it.

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:26 pm  (#12) 
GimpChat Member

I'm hanging in there. though it still hurts to no end. I haven't done any artwork in days. the drive i had just a few months ago has gone from me. Right now it is tough to make it through the day sometimes. My artwork was fun cause it took me away from my problems, but i tell you, This problem is bigger than any i have ever faced. i have started a diet about two months ago, give or take a few weeks,and i have lost like 21 pounds. I am hoping that this will help me break out of all of this. I'm hoping losing the weight will make me feel alive again and change my out look on life...and therefore help with the whole thing...

Thanks for the kind words...i think things have gone better than i expected the last couple of days. but still , its hard to continue everyday...

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:05 pm  (#13) 
GimpChat Member

thanks for dropping us an update racer. I agree about major changes for health...eating healthy and hopefully adding exercise...as much as for mental as well as bodily health.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:43 am  (#14) 
GimpChat Member

Hang on in there rdgracer71 and if anything gives you pleasure, do it.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:46 pm  (#15) 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:11 pm  (#16) 
GimpChat Member

things are going ok...i have now lost 27 pounds so far...

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:37 pm  (#17) 
Global Moderator

Congratulations rdgracer. You have done well.
I know it never does seem like it at the time when you hit rock bottom, but you cannot go any further down and things can only get better. Please remember this. Still thinking of you.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:48 pm  (#18) 
GimpChat Member

rdgracer: good to hear from you and glad to hear you'r fighting! just remember it's important to concentrate on all those things that give you a glimpse of fun, however shortlived. losing 27 pounds in the time you describe sounds a bit much, especially for someone made vulnerable by a loss. strange as it may seem, focusing on your health can sometimes cause problems too and you don't need that! of course it's good to get rid of the problems extra weight causes, but i really hope you try to have fun too. every little moment when you focus on something else than your pain and your struggle to be rid of it is a small step back to happiness.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:35 am  (#19) 
GimpChat Member

AnMal wrote:
rdgracer: good to hear from you and glad to hear you'r fighting! just remember it's important to concentrate on all those things that give you a glimpse of fun, however shortlived. losing 27 pounds in the time you describe sounds a bit much, especially for someone made vulnerable by a loss. strange as it may seem, focusing on your health can sometimes cause problems too and you don't need that! of course it's good to get rid of the problems extra weight causes, but i really hope you try to have fun too. every little moment when you focus on something else than your pain and your struggle to be rid of it is a small step back to happiness.

im sorry if i confused anyone but i started my diet back in April. so i have lost the 27 pounds form April 4th til now.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:12 am  (#20) 
GimpChat Member

gramg wrote:
You are doing outstanding...now...show us your artwork :)...just kiddng...only if you are up to doing so. But, would love to see what you have been working on.

sad to say i haven't done any artwork for a while now...maybe i will again soon...just don't feel up to it right now...i haven't given up. just can't get in the mood for it...i hope everyone understands.