It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey Tux
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:39 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I got Coppermine installed on my server if you wanted to check it out. :coolthup
It's pretty nice.

Actual interface for users:
http://simply-signage.com/coppermine/

Manual:
http://simply-signage.com/coppermine/docs/en

Oh yeah i decided to register my own domain name, so the url has changed a little.I still use 110mb.com but this will now be my main server as it has unlimited bandwidth. :hehe

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Hey Tux
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:19 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Founder

Looks like a cool package, Rod. :bigthup

phpBB has a gallery option that's pretty nice. I really don't want this site to become an image repository though. There are plenty of those sites around so that's why I haven't already included a gallery option here. My goal is to provide a good GIMP support site, not so much focused on "cliques" or sig creation but a bit more in depth and technical in nature. I think that's what this site has become and it's all due to the quality and expertise of members here.

Rod wrote:
this will now be my main server as it has unlimited bandwidth. :hehe

That's a good selling point but from my experience with shared hosting, it's not the bandwidth or even the disk space that gets ya (I have unlimited on both). It's %CPU usage and %SQL usage that becomes a problem long before bandwidth or storage become an issue.

Post subject: Re: Hey Tux
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:34 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the heads up Tux.