It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 10:19 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hanged Text
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:24 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
Thats clever!


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Hanged Text
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:05 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 19, 2013
Posts: 338
Location: the Netherlands
Looking good! I love your creativity with text :mrgreen:


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hanged Text
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:08 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Really cool. The E makes it special.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hanged Text
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:12 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 30, 2012
Posts: 2174
Nice, I do like the coloured layers.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hanged Text
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:20 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
conbagui: i like that, playful and nice! like erisian said that dropping "e" makes it special.

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hanged Text
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:01 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Aug 27, 2010
Posts: 491
Well hanged ... :D


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hanged Text
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:43 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2012
Posts: 949
Location: Mesa, AZ
You told that E the actual word is hung and it went; "I regret nothing!" - I kid, I'm sorry. I like the effect, I can see what you did there, it's good. One thing I would change, and I'm being super knit picky because it's actually really well executed, there is always a little bit of a shadow line between two objects that meet. Even if the light hits it from that direction, there should be a subtle little black thin line where the hanging blue E meets the still standing yellow E. Not as pronounced as a drop shadow would be but more noticeable than what there is. Other than that, you're the boss, man.

_________________
Image

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hanged Text
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:18 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Wow GK, you are picky... :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hanged Text
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:42 pm  (#9) 
Put a noose around it's neck and hanged is perfectly legit... ;) :hehe


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hanged Text
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:04 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2012
Posts: 949
Location: Mesa, AZ
molly wrote:
Wow GK, you are picky... :mrgreen:


You have no idea. I'm ocd about some things and downright an a-hole about others. I don't mean to be, it's just how it comes out. I didn't mean any offense.

_________________
Image

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hanged Text
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:36 pm  (#11) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
O my, ocd.

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group