It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:48 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:54 am  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Image

With 3D

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:48 am  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
Nice work everyone. It's just a really cool font.

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:57 am  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
Very nice results Molly, Warrior. :2thup

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:00 am  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
Thanks GT, appreciate it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:07 am  (#25) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Issabella wrote:
Wallace, I like your research about new ways to transform something giving it a new look. Thank you Wallace for sharing. :bigthup

Thank you Issabella.
GnuTux wrote:
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Nice as always Tux.
molly wrote:
[ Image ]

With 3D

[ Image ]

I really like these Molly. That 3D one is sweet!
This is a fun font to work with.
The Warrior wrote:
Nice work everyone. It's just a really cool font.
[ Image ]

Love the colors on yours Warrior and I agree, this is one of the coolest fonts yet.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:24 am  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thank you Tux and Wallace,
This Font can have so many different looks and I think a persons personality comes out in their creations. Some like big and bold, others shiny and so on. They are all so beautiful.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:34 am  (#27) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
molly wrote:
Thank you Tux and Wallace,
This Font can have so many different looks and I think a persons personality comes out in their creations. Some like big and bold, others shiny and so on. They are all so beautiful.

You're welcome Molly, and you may be on to something. You can't go wrong using this font. Everyone's made some really great looking creations. :jumpclap

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:12 am  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I have a few nice fancy fonts in my arsenal that I will try with the same method, not as fancy as this one but quite pretty though. I think one is called Fairy Dust.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:16 am  (#29) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
Thanks Wallace, appreciate it. Here's another I did. Kind of a lot going on here. :hehe

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:21 am  (#30) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
THese are so amazing, they look like real jewelry!


Top
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:24 am  (#31) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
molly wrote:
I have a few nice fancy fonts in my arsenal that I will try with the same method, not as fancy as this one but quite pretty though. I think one is called Fairy Dust.

I'd love to see what you can do Molly. ;)
The Warrior wrote:
Thanks Wallace, appreciate it. Here's another I did. Kind of a lot going on here. :hehe

[ Image ]

Very dramatic looking with that large extrusion.
I went looking for more fancy type fonts, and found a few. I'll do something with them and post another thread showing the results. ;)

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:56 am  (#32) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I just did Dalia's tutorial with the Metal Macabre font but it didn't do any justice so I didn't post it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:04 am  (#33) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
molly wrote:
I just did Dalia's tutorial with the Metal Macabre font but it didn't do any justice so I didn't post it.

:(

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:28 am  (#34) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 10, 2013
Posts: 1004
Amazing - how do I go about individually telling you all how truly beautiful your very own inspiration with this font? (Hows that for a run on sentence...you've overwhelmed me.)

Wallace, Graechen, GnuTux, molly and The Warrior, captivating work!

_________________
Image
Macbook Air - MacOS Sierra 10.12
McGimp 2.8.14
G'mic 1.6.5


Top
 Post subject: Re: More Fun with "Rothenburg Decorative.ttf"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:00 pm  (#35) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Dalia wrote:
Amazing - how do I go about individually telling you all how truly beautiful your very own inspiration with this font? (Hows that for a run on sentence...you've overwhelmed me.)

Wallace, Graechen, GnuTux, molly and The Warrior, captivating work!

It's a really great looking font and thanks for introducing it to us.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group