It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:59 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:27 am  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 10, 2013
Posts: 863
Wallace, Very cool, I would use one of these! :bigthup

_________________
bbbbbbbbbbbImage
bbbbbbbbbbb Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:34 am  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Wallace, I like your design on the T-shirt a lot. You have a lot of talent. :clap

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:38 am  (#23) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Akros wrote:
Wallace, Very cool, I would use one of these! :bigthup

Thanks Akros.
You wouldn't mind being a walking GC billboard? :teeth

Issabella wrote:
Wallace, I like your design on the T-shirt a lot. You have a lot of talent. :clap

Thanks Issabella. :smiley2

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:28 am  (#24) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Wallace wrote:
Just having some fun,
[ Image ]

Sorry about the misspell. :oops:
Any suggestions for a design to place on the back of the t-shirt?

Updated design coming soon. ;)

Here's the new design.
Image


I'd buy one! :)
Nicely done.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:47 am  (#25) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Rod wrote:
I'd buy one! :)
Nicely done.

Thanks Rod.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:17 pm  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 1088
Well done Wallace.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:28 pm  (#27) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
SysTemX wrote:
Well done Wallace.

Thanks!
I looked into having just the front of the shirt printed online and it cost more the $24, just for one shirt.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:39 pm  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 1088
Yes. You should look at a thermal press and make your own.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:50 pm  (#29) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
SysTemX wrote:
Yes. You should look at a thermal press and make your own.

That would be the less expensive way to go.
I use to be able to make my own silk-screen printings, but I haven't done that in years.
I could just use an iron-on too.
I'm going to look into this a little more though.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:45 pm  (#30) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Aug 27, 2010
Posts: 491
Much cheaper to pay $24 a shirt than to purchase a dye sublimation printer. A decent one costs in excess of $1000 just for the printer without the dyes. Of course, if you're looking for ways to spend money:

http://www.heatpressnation.com/mutoh-va ... Ap9R8P8HAQ


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:49 pm  (#31) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 1088
Mike wrote:
Much cheaper to pay $24 a shirt than to purchase a dye sublimation printer. A decent one costs in excess of $1000 just for the printer without the dyes. Of course, if you're looking for ways to spend money:

http://www.heatpressnation.com/mutoh-va ... Ap9R8P8HAQ

That would depend on the numbers you intend to print ;)

I don't believe I mentioned DYE :roll:
There are second hand models available :bigthup

_________________
Image


Last edited by SysTemX on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:51 pm  (#32) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 1088
Wallace wrote:
SysTemX wrote:
Yes. You should look at a thermal press and make your own.

That would be the less expensive way to go.
I use to be able to make my own silk-screen printings, but I haven't done that in years.
I could just use an iron-on too.
I'm going to look into this a little more though.


Silk screening is still very active. Iron on wil never die :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:55 pm  (#33) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Mike wrote:
Much cheaper to pay $24 a shirt than to purchase a dye sublimation printer. A decent one costs in excess of $1000 just for the printer without the dyes. Of course, if you're looking for ways to spend money:

http://www.heatpressnation.com/mutoh-va ... Ap9R8P8HAQ


SysTemX wrote:
That would depend on the numbers you intend to print ;)
There are ssecond hand models available :bigthup


I'm only looking to get one shirt made for now. Probably only the front design. I think that I my have a look a what the stores in my local mall have to offer. I haven't been to the mall in years. Now I have a good excuse to go there. :hehe

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:00 pm  (#34) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 1088
:mrgreen: I haven't been to the mall in years. Now I have a good excuse to go there. :lol

An act of bravery for sure.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:35 pm  (#35) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
SysTemX wrote:
:mrgreen: I haven't been to the mall in years. Now I have a good excuse to go there. :lol

An act of bravery for sure.


Yeah, you know it. :hehe

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:59 pm  (#36) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
That s a cool design, Wallace. :jumpclap

I wonder which of the online outfits that prints custom t-shirts, using uploaded graphics, would be the least expensive?

Here's a color scheme I'd like..

Image

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:48 pm  (#37) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
GnuTux wrote:
That s a cool design, Wallace. :jumpclap

I wonder which of the online outfits that prints custom t-shirts, using uploaded graphics, would be the least expensive?

Here's a color scheme I'd like..

[ Image ]

That looks like one of the websites I went to. I'm still looking, but I don't think I'm going to be able to get it done online for less the $20 US dollars. Unless I can get free shipping.
I'd like to get it printed in full color, with what else, but on a purple T. :hehe

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:55 pm  (#38) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
Let us know what you find.

If you buy 2, Cafe Press is $27. Add in shipping & it's $30 per. Being it's custom, I'd want a quality made t-shirt, not a thin, flimsy one. :hehe

Do you have a larger version of your design? I think it needs to be about twice the resolution to get a good print.

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:27 pm  (#39) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
GnuTux wrote:
Let us know what you find.

If you buy 2, Cafe Press is $27. Add in shipping & it's $30 per. Being it's custom, I'd want a quality made t-shirt, not a thin, flimsy one. :hehe

Do you have a larger version of your design? I think it needs to be about twice the resolution to get a good print.


I want the same.
The file I have now is 1360x944 at 300 ppi.
I'm also working on a the final design of the same image, but double this size for printing. So when all is said and done it should be good to go for printing. I'm also going to only include the banner for the back of the T, with the GC web address and Wilber. The back of the T is still not completely decided as to whether it will get printed or not. Doing only the front design would cost much less.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: GC T-Shirt [New Design Update w Back Graphics Added]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:35 pm  (#40) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Aug 27, 2010
Posts: 491
I run a dozen different CafePress and SpreadShirt stores. I'd recommend 3000 X 3000 pixels @ 300 DPI for shirts. There's typically a bleed area that has to be accounted for, thus the extra size.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group