It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:20 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 31  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:28 pm  (#361) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
molly wrote:
Thanks Wallace, I just changed the bg while you were posting, I didn't like the green.

That look cool!

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:31 pm  (#362) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 10, 2014
Posts: 845
Graechan, I don't know this plugin "Chaos". Would you please post a link?[/quote]
Carlos here is the link
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6653&start=10


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:55 pm  (#363) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 30, 2012
Posts: 2174
GnuTux wrote:
The first one looks like peppermint candy, he4rty. :hehe

[ Image ]


Bit late in replying but over here in the UK we call these type of sweets "Humbugs" hence the name of the map.

Also, everyone has been so busy and created some wonderful maps, need to set aside some time to go through and try and download them all.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:01 am  (#364) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 590
Thanks, Marcello.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:51 am  (#365) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
Wow. Lots of cool new maps.

Thanks, folks!

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:06 pm  (#366) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Got another Emap for ya. :mrgreen:
Attachment:
xp1a.png
xp1a.png [ 489.61 KiB | Viewed 2952 times ]

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:18 pm  (#367) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Found my old bearing brush (remember; old system crashed; lol) and thought surely this would make for a cool enviro map result. cropped out my brush to use just the sphere part (original brush had a drop shadow) and voila. :)

Attachment:
bearing.png
bearing.png [ 15.38 KiB | Viewed 2948 times ]


Attachments:
brl_bearing.png
brl_bearing.png [ 293.72 KiB | Viewed 2948 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:34 pm  (#368) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Why not use one of my Halloween stencils too. Used an increased sized target bearing that I posted and smoothed via G'MIC. Then ran the object version of the preset and then cleaned up the result some. :)


Attachments:
nocrowshere_stamp_brl.png
nocrowshere_stamp_brl.png [ 666.84 KiB | Viewed 2947 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:16 pm  (#369) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
Very nice Lyle.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:03 pm  (#370) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
Those are both nice ones, Lyle & Wallace!

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:40 am  (#371) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
lylejk wrote:
Well, guess what? I just realized that I convinced myself now to change to AT&T. My only concern is the crossover month, but I will just have to bite that cost. Going to see the AT&T dealership now. :)

edit:

It's going to save me $91/month at least for the first year anyway. :)


Well today's the big day. You won't be hearing from me again until I'm on Uverse. If you don't hear from me at all, you know who not to use. lol

:)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:16 am  (#372) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Well, of course I was lied too. Was under the impression that Uverse would use my houses current cable but nope; they are going to have to run CAT5 wire (refuse to go wireless). He's off to get some supplies; as messed up as my home is (hey, I'm a bachelor; lol), he may refuse to even do that. lol

Oh well. Still on Charter for now. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:41 am  (#373) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I also made a map out of my silver bearing brush.
Image

Here is a brighter one that I like better
Image


Attachments:
's bearing.png
's bearing.png [ 69.31 KiB | Viewed 2892 times ]

_________________
Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:53 am  (#374) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
I do like the matt (pewter) finish Molly. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:00 am  (#375) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thanks Lyle, I wanted it shinier but no matter what way I turned it in map to object, I couldn't get the shiny part to show up.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:32 pm  (#376) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Goodbye Charter; hello Uverse. Pretty happy so far. Eventually it's going to save me $92/month but I suspect that I'll be in the whole next month. lol

:)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:32 pm  (#377) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
molly wrote:
I also made a map out of my silver bearing brush.
[ Image ]

Here is a brighter one that I like better
Image

That's a good looking one Molly thanks. :bigthup

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:34 pm  (#378) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thanks wallace

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:45 pm  (#379) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
glad the Uverse works well...my daughter has it and it saves her quite a bit over the other system she had.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:31 am  (#380) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
I have to admit that I had to do a heck of a lot of special effects (using G'MIC of course) to get it to this point. Still, BRL is a very addicting toy Tux. :)

ref (including link to uber hirez result): https://www.flickr.com/photos/34520999@N05/14873536819/

Image

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 31  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group