It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 8:15 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:35 pm  (#461) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5059
Location: Sydney Australia
Erisian - they look extremely inviting - I've downloaded them and now to try them out so watch this space :)

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:27 am  (#462) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Erisian wrote:
I put these together in Bryce and Gimp and a couple of photos from the internet.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

excellent maps, Erisian!
Thanks for sharing.

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:46 am  (#463) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14199
Location: Spain, Aragón
Erisian, nice maps yours. Thanks for sharing. :coolthup :)

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:54 am  (#464) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Thank you everyone. I'm working on some more and will update the zip file when they are done.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:51 pm  (#465) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
I have updated my zip ( http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9677&p=180856#p180856 ) to include the following emaps

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:45 am  (#466) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 10, 2015
Posts: 112
Would anyone have a shiny Christmas-red emap to share? The kind of red in Wallace's Santa hat. I could only find one I could figure out how to download on the thread, and it comes out too orangey for me. Thank you.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:56 am  (#467) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14230
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
newtogimp wrote:
Would anyone have a shiny Christmas-red emap to share? The kind of red in Wallace's Santa hat. I could only find one I could figure out how to download on the thread, and it comes out too orangey for me. Thank you.

Try this one out, if you haven't yet.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9677&start=410#p178906


Here's one I had in my stock.
Attachment:
fire b.png
fire b.png [ 87.67 KiB | Viewed 5024 times ]

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Last edited by Wallace on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:17 am  (#468) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5059
Location: Sydney Australia
I was inspired by Erisian's emaps and thought I would try and make some glass effect maps particularly for use with my glassy BRL works.

I used them in this image ...

Image

... and in each of these paisleys, just one BRL pass for each paisley ...

Image

Have fun


Attachments:
glasseffect_emaps2.zip [3.33 MiB]
Downloaded 142 times
glasseffect_emaps1.zip [3.09 MiB]
Downloaded 152 times

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned
Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:54 pm  (#469) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 10, 2015
Posts: 112
Wallace--thanks, but could you tell me what to click on on your posts to download the emaps? I've clicked everything I can find and nothing happens. Is there some place that you have, like, what Oldmangrumpy has above, where you click the attachments to download them?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:15 pm  (#470) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5059
Location: Sydney Australia
Hi newtogimp - just right click on the image and 'copy' (then paste to your preferred folder) or preferably 'save as', then specify your preferred save location.

I put mine in a zip folder because there were many and large files :)

Have fun.

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:55 pm  (#471) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 10, 2015
Posts: 112
Thank you, it's the simple stuff that always trips me up but good! I thought because some of them had download instructions, that's the way you do it, couldn't understand why some people didn't include the download instructions. :-/ Thanks again.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:59 pm  (#472) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14230
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
newtogimp wrote:
Thank you, it's the simple stuff that always trips me up but good! I thought because some of them had download instructions, that's the way you do it, couldn't understand why some people didn't include the download instructions. :-/ Thanks again.

Sorry about that Newtogimp... :oops:
Right-click any of my images and select Save Image As and save it to where you can get at it, ie. your Desktop, Download File etc.
Thank OMG for outlining the image download procedures for me. I was a bit late to reading the post.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:34 am  (#473) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 10, 2015
Posts: 112
Wallace--I can use the first one fine, but every time I try to use the second one (the L_probe) I don't get a transparent background, I get a white background that won't let me do anything to the letters, just the whole thing. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong, why I keep getting that white background instead of a transparent background for the second one? Thank you.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:24 am  (#474) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
I think your right newtogimp.
Open, L_Probe_03.png in Gimp.
In the toolbox, Select by Color tool.
Select the white L_Probe_03.png background.
Select menu | Grow (default 1), OK.
Edit menu | Clear (Delete).
Export as PNG with defaults.
Give it another go.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:14 pm  (#475) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14230
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
newtogimp wrote:
Wallace--I can use the first one fine, but every time I try to use the second one (the L_probe) I don't get a transparent background, I get a white background that won't let me do anything to the letters, just the whole thing.
Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong, why I keep getting that white background instead of a transparent background for the second one?
Thank you.

Again, I'm sorry about that Newtogimp. I uploaded the wrong file.
Here's the correct one.
However, the instructions offered by Odinbc.
May also be used to correct this issue, when using this e-map with BRL.
Attachment:
L_Probe_04.png
L_Probe_04.png [ 55.7 KiB | Viewed 5220 times ]

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:19 pm  (#476) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
A couple more for you

Image

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:05 pm  (#477) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14230
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Erisian wrote:
A couple more for you

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Very interesting looking e-maps.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:34 pm  (#478) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14230
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Here's a few more e-maps for you to play with.
Attachment:
File comment: Preview Image
e-map preview image.png
e-map preview image.png [ 411.4 KiB | Viewed 5103 times ]

Attachment:
wallce e-maps .zip [1.27 MiB]
Downloaded 200 times

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:03 am  (#479) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thank you for the beautiful emaps Wallace

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:00 pm  (#480) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14230
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
molly wrote:
Thank you for the beautiful emaps Wallace

No problem Molly, you're welcome.
:mrgreen:

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group