It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:19 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:45 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Feb 16, 2013
Posts: 74
New Gimp theme based on Celtic,Zelda,PeterPan influences.
This one took a while and some hard work lol now my eyes are tired. hope you enjoy :bigthup
Consider it an early gift for St.Patrick Day. I also added some commentary to Gtkr script to make theme creation easier,(still can be a long process though. :( )
anyways heres the link on DA. :paint
Keltic Adventure Gimp Theme


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:54 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Wow! It seems quite complicated to do, doesn't it? Good job! It's obvious that you have spent a lot of hours on it. :coolthup

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:59 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Nice!
I must learn how to create my own theme. This one is nice, but I'd like to create a "Celtic" theme in my own way. It would have to be much darker and rugged looking.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:19 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Feb 16, 2013
Posts: 74
Ah well I tried to add comments and descriptions in the Gtkrc file of the Keltic Adventure Theme to make editting easier to understand. Just open up the Gtkrc in notepad save as all files not text. Read descriptions I added then replace the desired colors. than to change icons replace icons in image folder with your own.
for background open and replace bc.png when you open the folder etc. follow similar steps for rest of graphics. process would have been quicker lol for me if i used premade images.
Except public domain reference for some of the knotwork all was done the old fashion way.
icons and hexadecimal color coding probably take the most time.

Perhaps you can use theme as a template be prepared for some tedious work though.
:tyspin Thank You Issabella for the Wonderful comment.


Last edited by Heroik on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:26 pm  (#5) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Heroik wrote:
Ah well I tried to add comments and descriptions in the Gtkrc file of the Keltic Adventure Theme to make editting easier to understand. Just open up the Gtkrc and place the desired colors. than to change icons replace icons in image folder with your own.
for background open and replace bc.png when you open the folder etc. follow similar steps for rest of graphics. process would have been quicker lol for me if i used premade images.
Except public domain reference for some of the knotwork.
icons and hexadecimal color coding probably take the most time.

Perhaps you can use theme as a template be prepared for some tedious work though.

Yes I've down loaded the "Your Theme" file from this thread... viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4260#p52730
I'm willing to put in the work, it's just that I know somewhere along the way I'm probably going to get stuck with something.
There is a video tutorial out there somewhere, but I haven't had a chance to do a search for it yet.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:22 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
I've always wanted to do a theme as well. I used to theme MP4 software. Why I got started with the GIMP program.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:37 pm  (#7) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
The Warrior wrote:
I've always wanted to do a theme as well. I used to theme MP4 software. Why I got started with the GIMP program.

I'm with you. I want so bad to create a kick-a$$ Celtic type theme or even a Norse theme. I also wanted to create a DA page theme of the same kind, but can't figure out every detail to be able to create a really nice theme for either of them.
Maybe you and I could collaborate and come up with a really cool looking Norse type theme.
What do you think?

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:00 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
I like the theme Heroik. It's a nice natural green with a great design.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:13 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
Wallace wrote:
The Warrior wrote:
I've always wanted to do a theme as well. I used to theme MP4 software. Why I got started with the GIMP program.

I'm with you. I want so bad to create a kick-a$$ Celtic type theme or even a Norse theme. I also wanted to create a DA page theme of the same kind, but can't figure out every detail to be able to create a really nice theme for either of them.
Maybe you and I could collaborate and come up with a really cool looking Norse type theme.
What do you think?

I'm of Nordic descent, sounds good.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:21 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
heroik: i simply love that theme! really beautiful job you've done - this is a theme i'm going to try out for sure. i used to read peter pan and play zelda too, so it fits in all ways :).

warrior and wallace: a norse theme is a fantastic idea too. i hope you do make one!

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:45 pm  (#11) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
The Warrior wrote:
I'm of Nordic descent, sounds good.

I too am of Nordic decent. We do need a Gimp theme. I'm looking into ways of using a theme template. Although I haven't hit pay dirt yet, I'm still looking.
AnMal wrote:
warrior and wallace: a norse theme is a fantastic idea too. i hope you do make one!

If you wish to be involved with the creation of a "Gimp Nordic Theme" that would be great! We would need all the help we can muster.
If we do this... It will have to be the most awesome we can create.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Last edited by Wallace on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:48 pm  (#12) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
Wallace wrote:
The Warrior wrote:
I'm of Nordic descent, sounds good.

I too am of Nordic decent. We do need a Gimp theme. I'm looking into ways of using a theme template. Although I haven't hit pay dirt yet, I'm still looking.

Sounds good. I'm not sure what to do here, but I like the idea, haha. :hehe

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:04 pm  (#13) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
The Warrior wrote:
Sounds good. I'm not sure what to do here, but I like the idea, haha. :hehe

If you feel that you can be part of a team that will work together to create this theme. Then we must find all the information and or tutorials/references needed to help us to create it.
This will be an ongoing effort to create the best "Nordic Gimp Theme" possible, anything short of this goal would be moot.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:22 pm  (#14) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
It would be cool if someone made a utility to create GIMP themes, kind of like the VLC Skin Editor, hint, hint.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:31 pm  (#15) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
The Warrior wrote:
It would be cool if someone made a utility to create GIMP themes, kind of like the VLC Skin Editor, hint, hint.

There is the "Gimp Theme Selector" or "Looksuite", http://looksuite.net/en/gimp/looksuite/
You can change some things, but it's limited. I have this installed and it works great.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:38 pm  (#16) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
Wallace wrote:
The Warrior wrote:
It would be cool if someone made a utility to create GIMP themes, kind of like the VLC Skin Editor, hint, hint.

There is the "Gimp Theme Selector" or "Looksuite", http://looksuite.net/en/gimp/looksuite/
You can change some things, but it's limited. I have this installed and it works great.

Yeah, I used to have that one.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:41 pm  (#17) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
The Warrior wrote:
I'm of Nordic descent, sounds good.
I have a Norwegian Dad and Scottish Mum.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:53 pm  (#18) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Odinbc wrote:
The Warrior wrote:
I'm of Nordic descent, sounds good.
I have a Norwegian Dad and Scottish Mum.

Scottish!? :gaah
Would you like to be involved in this pursuit?

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:17 pm  (#19) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
heroik: i'm having problems. i really want to use the keltic adventure theme - the icons are perfection, i don't ever want to use the boring old icons again when i can use the fairy wand, the feather and inkwell, the healing potion and the cute little drop creature! but. i don't seem to get the whole gimp themed - there are ugly grey menus that hurt my eyes and are hard to read. i know that's not how you made it, in your screenshot it looks great. any idea what's wrong?

wallace and warrior: i would love to help, but i'm afraid theme making is beyond me. i tried once and realised i'd never be able to get everything working.

odinbc: hehe, i have a norwegian dad too :).

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:08 pm  (#20) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Feb 16, 2013
Posts: 74
Weird I've tried theme of 4 separate installations of GIMP and it worked for me. :oops:
heres a link of unzipped file maybe this will work for you.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yrpq4gfi3352oa4/oD0Joh1Cxy
Sigh just getting over being sick had fever etc, so sorry for late reply.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group