It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:24 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Remembering My Dad
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:23 am  (#21) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8475
Location: On the other side of your screen
The Warrior wrote:
Very nice Dalia. My dad passed in 1986 of cancer. He was only 48. Miss him terribly.

I think mine was only 42. He died from cirrhosis of the liver. (Drinking from a broken heart).
He was a very hard working man. When I was very young he was in the police force, later became a farm hand and did all types of work. (Farm was Cattle, sheep, fishing and crops). After he moved back with his mother he worked on her farm which was small and also became a barman / bar manager.
I always remember my dad as the farm worker though. He wasn't even grey when he passed. I was only 12.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Last edited by sallyanne on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Remembering My Dad
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:42 am  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
2-ton wrote:
I have sort of fondness for Lylejk's dad, as he was the subject of many gimp efforts posted here.


Thanks 2-ton. Have to admit my productivity's been nil of late; only seem to be posting off-topic stuff of late. Maybe I can get inspired again soon. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Remembering My Dad
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:39 am  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 10, 2013
Posts: 1004
dinasset, what beautiful words you've shared, thank you.

sallyanne, thank you for sharing memories of your sensitive Dad and for painting the picture in my mind of the gentleman he must have been. I've sent to you in a PM a link to researching online and it is all free. You can do this from the comfort of your home and at your leisure.

_________________
Image
Macbook Air - MacOS Sierra 10.12
McGimp 2.8.14
G'mic 1.6.5


Top
 Post subject: Re: Remembering My Dad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:21 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
What beautiful tributes to your fathers I read here.
And a very emotional song.
Mine was very special too.
I cannot find the right words to tell about him.
It’s not easy in another language.

At the moment here it is 0.21 am, already Sunday June 8 so…


Image

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: Remembering My Dad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:33 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 10, 2013
Posts: 1004
That is beautiful Ella Louise - I understand you clearly.

_________________
Image
Macbook Air - MacOS Sierra 10.12
McGimp 2.8.14
G'mic 1.6.5


Top
 Post subject: Re: Remembering My Dad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:59 pm  (#26) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 4561
Location: Canada
Happy father's day (even though ours isn't until June 15)

_________________
Image
Visualize your and others dreams coming true.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group