It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 10:21 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:46 am  (#61) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 11
ok so i got a file that now reads, "gmic_gimp", and the better question is where do i put so it works? In my Gimp Plug in Preferences, it has the /Users file as the first one.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:49 am  (#62) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
Did you try following Akky's tutorial? I notice she isn't on at the moment, but she usually comes on around this time.

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:49 am  (#63) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 11
i put it in this file "/Users/bearsfreak23/Library/Application Support/Gimp/plug-ins" but nothing happened when i restarted gimp


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:53 am  (#64) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
Try pointing to it in Edit-Preferences-Folders-Plug-ins (where the file is downloaded to)

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:55 am  (#65) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 11
what do you mean? When I go there, the two things i see are

/Users/bearsfreak23/Library/Application Support/Gimp/plug-ins
and below it
/tmp/skl/Gimp.app/Contents/Resources/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins

when i click the folder button to the right
/Users/bearsfreak23/Library/Application Support/Gimp/plug-ins
I see it in there, but again its not in the filters menu


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:58 am  (#66) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
Right, create a new pointer, should be a blank paper icon, click it, browse to the actual plug-in you downloaded for G'MIC, then reboot GIMP and see what happens.

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:00 am  (#67) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 11
when u say browse, do you mean back to the same location /Users/bearsfreak23/Library/Application Support/Gimp/plug-ins because that is where i put it, or do you mean to the Downloads folder?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:01 am  (#68) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
The first location, where you put it. The only way GIMP will recognize it is by pointing GIMP directly to it.

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:07 am  (#69) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 11
Yes but it is the same exact location because I literally copy and pasted it into /Users/bearsfreak23/Library/Application Support/Gimp/plug-ins and now I am opening a new location to go to /Users/bearsfreak23/Library/Application Support/Gimp/plug-ins which didnt work. before I copy and pasted it, anything i download goes to the Downloads folder, which the original copy is. should I delete the /Users/bearsfreak23/Library/Application Support/Gimp/plug-ins
copy and have it go to my downloads foldeR?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:16 am  (#70) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
I just re-read your comment, and I now understand what you're saying about duplicate pointer locations. My bad.

Akky mentioned something about this, on her tutorial, I think.

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:31 am  (#71) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 11
well i have gone ahead, and deleted everyting gimp, and I am reinstalling it. In the morning, I will attempt it again, but I guess I got to figure out what are the "GIMP recognized folders" are. And I have been looking at Akky's tutorials, but they are all for older versions.

is it possible the latest mac version of gmic doesnt work with the latest version of gimp or the latest version of MacOS? (or any combination of those 3?)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:38 am  (#72) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
That's what I'm hoping the G'MIC Flickr discussion will help you with.

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:48 am  (#73) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 11
no responses there


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:49 am  (#74) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
It's the middle of the night/early morning.

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:04 am  (#75) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 11
lol i know i know haha


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:17 am  (#76) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
I've got the latest version of GMIC working


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:23 am  (#77) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
I have GMIC 1.5 now for a starter...so you have to download GMIC 1.5 for your operating system which should be if you have the latest atm...Mac OS 10.6.7. If you are talking about Lion, which is Mac OS 10.7 and you are fortunate enough to have that..then forget about using GIMP at all for the time being as it will not work in 10.7 for now


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:44 am  (#78) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 11
I have 10.6.8 :/


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:31 pm  (#79) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
that could be the problem then...that update has just come out


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:31 pm  (#80) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
I know that GIMP will not work at all on Snow Leopard and I am wary to try it on 10.6.8


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group