It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:26 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Official +500th filters of G'MIC.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:09 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
Thanks for all your kind messages.
We've released new (minor) version 2.2.1 of G'MIC today. I hope you'll enjoy it!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Official +500th filters of G'MIC.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:17 am  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2617
sallyanne asked this earlier, (while you were on holiday)

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16287&hilit=rectexture#p225713

but...

what exactly does rectexture do?

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Official +500th filters of G'MIC.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:26 am  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
To be honest, I've no idea. I'm not the author of this filter.
I'll investigate later :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Official +500th filters of G'MIC.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:27 am  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
I've looked a bit to the filter code this morning, and there are a lot of strange things in it.
I wonder if this filter has already worked one day :) I've been forced to remove it for now, as I don't really understand what the author's intention was.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Official +500th filters of G'MIC.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:56 am  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 09, 2011
Posts: 726
@Ronounours. you, your team and collaborators are geniuses! Thank you very much!

Finally I have abandoned my old and beloved Kubuntu 14.04 to install Kubuntu 18.04. No available package has worked for qt version, but I have been able to compile qt version by myself.
Regarding these instructions:
http://gmic.eu/gimp.shtml

I guess these are for Xenial. Currently at 18.04 the packages "libcv-dev" and "libhighgui-dev" do not exist. I suppose that in 18.04 simply installs "libopencv-dev" and maybe "libopencv-highgui-dev".

_________________
Image
Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Official +500th filters of G'MIC.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:02 am  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
Thanks for the kind words YAFU !
You are right about the package names, those related to OpenCV have been updated in recent versions of Ubuntu.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group