It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2026 5:37 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:13 pm  (#21) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Dec 27, 2014
Posts: 508
@PhotoMaster:
Have you reinstalled GMIC since you've updated Gimp?


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:54 pm  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2013
Posts: 143
Hot damn, a survey in a GIMP plugin. I had to do it. Would have liked a few more options on some questions, but that's always my problem with surveys. Anyway, it worked perfectly, and was fun. :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:16 am  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2010
Posts: 2253
Location: Retired Moderator Slowly Returning to the Living.
The G'Mic install that I have is only an unzip and extract. I re-did it but still have the same error code.

_________________
Artists aren't crazy! We're eccentric! ~G.M. Ross

Image

My Sigs = My Photos
Check out my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomastergreg.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:30 am  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
PhotoMaster wrote:
The G'Mic install that I have is only an unzip and extract. I re-did it but still have the same error code.

unzip and put the attached .dll in the same /.gimp-2.8/plug-ins folder where gmic is

who knows
Attachment:
libgomp-1.7z [30.7 KiB]
Downloaded 100 times
.....

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:00 am  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2010
Posts: 2253
Location: Retired Moderator Slowly Returning to the Living.
I think I may have found part of the problem. The link within G'Mic, to download the 64 bit Windows version is actually giving me version 1.6.0.3 for Windows 32 bit.

_________________
Artists aren't crazy! We're eccentric! ~G.M. Ross

Image

My Sigs = My Photos
Check out my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomastergreg.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:19 am  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2010
Posts: 2253
Location: Retired Moderator Slowly Returning to the Living.
I must correct my last post. I was still hitting my old G'Mic from Gimp 2.6 and I got rid of it. Still no G'Mic buy still trying.

_________________
Artists aren't crazy! We're eccentric! ~G.M. Ross

Image

My Sigs = My Photos
Check out my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomastergreg.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:32 am  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2010
Posts: 2253
Location: Retired Moderator Slowly Returning to the Living.
I got it!! I had to replace the file libstdc++-6.dll that came with Gimp with the one that came with G'Mic. It also got rid of other errors that were popping up! Awesome!!

EDIT: I was able to submit my survey too!!

_________________
Artists aren't crazy! We're eccentric! ~G.M. Ross

Image

My Sigs = My Photos
Check out my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomastergreg.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:38 am  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
Good news PhotoMaster !
And well done :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:42 pm  (#29) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 19, 2015
Posts: 7
I think I'm having the same dll issue as PhotoMaster.

I attempted to install the G'MIC plugin for GIMP, nothing from G'MIC shows up in my filter list. I went to the newly installed G'MIC directory (GIMP 2/plugins) and executed gmic_gimp.exe. I got a pop-up error message saying libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll is missing. I found that file in the GIMP/bin directory and copied it to my Windows/system32 directory.

That did not add anything to my filter list so I again tried to execute gmic_gimp.exe. This time I got a message saying libcairo-2.dll is missing. That file does not exist in my GIMP or G'MIC installations, nor in my windows system directories.

Am I doing something wrong in the installation process? I simply downloaded and executed the file gmic_gimp_win64.exe (the plugin for GIMP on 64 bit Windows systems) from Sourceforge. I think the .exe file downloaded and extracted files from a .tar.gz file.

I told the installer to create a plug-ins directory in my GIMP directory which it did. After trying to install G'MIC, the plug-ins directory contains 14 .dll files, the file gmic_gimp.exe, and an uninstall directory. Should there be more?

I have 64 bit Windows 7.

You can probably tell I don't know what I'm doing. Any suggestions?


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:24 am  (#30) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
I don't have particular suggestions, but you shouldn't try to copy the .dll files that appear in the error messages when running 'gmic_gimp.exe' directly, outside GIMP.
Because, most of the .dll you'll get are just .dll shipped with GIMP that are indeed found by the plug-in when it's run inside GIMP.
Maybe there is only one missing, or one with a different version only.
Did you try the solution of PhotoMaster with the libstdc++-6.dll ?


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:13 am  (#31) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14208
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you David, I did it and sent it without problems. :)

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:18 am  (#32) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 19, 2015
Posts: 7
Ronounours wrote:
Did you try the solution of PhotoMaster with the libstdc++-6.dll ?


Yes, same error messages about missing DLL's. No G'MIC added to filters.

I must not be holding my mouth right.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:31 am  (#33) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Search for duplicate DLL's using both Gimp global and user folders.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:12 pm  (#34) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Posts: 349
I had a similar problem once. I put all of the files from GMIC in a separate folder under plugins. I then, in GIMP, go to preferences and add that new folder to the plugins folder. I also found that I had to move that folder to the top of the list.

I think, if GMIC doesn't find the correct version of a .dll it give a "not found" error. It also seems to go through the through the folders from top to bottom in the plugin folder list. So if another program is using a different version of the .dll before it gets down the list, you get an error.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:54 pm  (#35) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2010
Posts: 2253
Location: Retired Moderator Slowly Returning to the Living.
The G'Mic filter is one of the very last filters listed in my filter list.

_________________
Artists aren't crazy! We're eccentric! ~G.M. Ross

Image

My Sigs = My Photos
Check out my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomastergreg.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:18 pm  (#36) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 19, 2015
Posts: 7
bilbo9955 wrote:
I had a similar problem once. I put all of the files from GMIC in a separate folder under plugins. I then, in GIMP, go to preferences and add that new folder to the plugins folder. I also found that I had to move that folder to the top of the list.

My GMIC folder is in the GIMP/plugins folder. I added that folder to the plugins list in preferences and moved it to the top of the list. Restarted my computer. GMIC is still not in my filter list.

Has anyone seen the new version of GMIC work on a Windows 7 64 bit operating system?

Edit: I have GIMP 2.8.14 if that matters.


Last edited by Rick61 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:26 pm  (#37) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 19, 2015
Posts: 7
Odinbc wrote:
Search for duplicate DLL's using both Gimp global and user folders.

Every DLL I searched for has at least one duplicate. I've tried about 10. Did you go through the whole list and delete all the duplicates?

In my installation, most but not all, of the DLLs that GMIC is looking for are in the GIMP directories (mostly bin or 32/bin). I don't know if GMIC installed some of them or if they are all from GIMP. In any case, deleting the duplicates would be a huge chore, and I don't know if that would cause some other part of GIMP to stop working.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:42 pm  (#38) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
You should only have one of each DLL between Gimp global and user folders. For example if you find 'foo.dll' in both Gimp folders rename one, 'foo.dll.old' (to be consistent and cautious rename the user [.gimp-2.8] folder duplicate). Restart Gimp, if all goes well remove 'foo.dll.old'. If you still have issues check Windows system for duplicates, if you find any keep the system DLL.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:37 pm  (#39) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2010
Posts: 2253
Location: Retired Moderator Slowly Returning to the Living.
I'm running Gimp 2.8.14 on Windows 7 64bit with G'Mic 1.6.2.0 (pre-release #032015) and I got it working. Because of permissions on my machine I had to unzip the files into a folder on my desktop and then move them to
C:\Program Files\Gimp 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins
When it encountered duplicate file names, I had it overwrite the old files. It overwrote about 10 files if I remember correctly.

_________________
Artists aren't crazy! We're eccentric! ~G.M. Ross

Image

My Sigs = My Photos
Check out my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomastergreg.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC survey is done. Consider participating :)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:22 pm  (#40) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Posts: 349
Rick61 wrote:
Has anyone seen the new version of GMIC work on a Windows 7 64 bit operating system? I have GIMP 2.8.14 if that matters.


I am also running on win7 64. only difference, I am using samj's portable compile.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group