It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 9:29 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: NEW TO G'MIC
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:18 pm  (#1) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Dec 25, 2015
Posts: 1
GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: New User



Hi, I am new to this GIMP Plug-in and I was wondering if someone could me as I have installed this for GIMP, however I cannot access the plug-in as it is not highlighted therefore I cannot access this. Help :/ Much appreicated.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: NEW TO G'MIC
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:43 pm  (#2) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
TEE wrote:
GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: New User



Hi, I am new to this GIMP Plug-in and I was wondering if someone could me as I have installed this for GIMP, however I cannot access the plug-in as it is not highlighted therefore I cannot access this. Help :/ Much appreicated.

Hi and welcome to GimpChat! :)
Make sure you have an image or new document open then you should find G'MIC un-highlighted under the Filters menu.


Top
 Post subject: Re: NEW TO G'MIC
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:02 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14202
Location: Spain, Aragón
Welcome to Gimp Chat, TEE. :)


Attachments:
Welcome-G-C-.JPG
Welcome-G-C-.JPG [ 227.61 KiB | Viewed 2827 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: NEW TO G'MIC
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:09 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14202
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you so much Conbagui. Happy for your words coming from a Master in Texts. :) :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: NEW TO G'MIC
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:04 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jan 19, 2016
Posts: 63
Sorry I'm not able to install the gmic preset .gmic file in Windows XP 32 bit GIMP 2.8.10 Please guide me step by step. Can't wait any longer to explore GMIC :) I've tried share > scripts and lib >plug-ins folder. But couldn't run gmic logos script completely.

Sorry Moderator, if I posted it in wrong thread. You may move/edit to the right place/way.

_________________
GIMP: Wonderful
GIMP Chat community: Truly Amazing


Top
 Post subject: Re: NEW TO G'MIC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:51 am  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
if you access http://gmic.eu/gimp.shtml you find there G'MIC plug-in for Windows (32bits); just download it and execute: it install itself (provided you do not have old pieces around in your system)
(do not download the zipped file, just the exe, directly accessible on the line I said)

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: NEW TO G'MIC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:14 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jan 19, 2016
Posts: 63
Thank You dinasset for replying and helping :)
But I found GIMP_Extensions_v2.8.20150403 in an link present in error pop up. Here I found working GMIC along with many other scripts and presets :)

This problem is solved :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: NEW TO G'MIC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:53 am  (#8) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
INDtanay wrote:
Thank You dinasset for replying and helping :)
But I found GIMP_Extensions_v2.8.20150403 in an link present in error pop up. Here I found working GMIC along with many other scripts and presets :)

This problem is solved :)

We do not recommend gimp-extension installer as many of the plug-ins are out dated. You are much better off downloading directly from the G'MIC site.
http://gmic.eu/gimp.shtml


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group