It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 8:12 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New filter "Rendering / Spline Spirograph"
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:10 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Feb 12, 2021
Posts: 39
I've added a new filter for the latest version of G'MIC (3.3.5) : "Rendering / Spline Spirograph".
I hope you'll enjoy it!

Image

Image

Image


Last edited by dtschump on Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: New filter "Rendering / Spline Spirograph"
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:29 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 04, 2015
Posts: 1480
Very nice, thanks David. The animation is cool. So much potential. :bigthup


Top
 Post subject: Re: New filter "Rendering / Spline Spirograph"
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:14 am  (#3) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8477
Location: On the other side of your screen
Cool, I'm sure I will have lots of fun with it once I download 3.3.5. Still having fun with 3.3.4

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: New filter "Rendering / Spline Spirograph"
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:27 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 04, 2015
Posts: 1480
I was looking forward to this effect.

Image


I made some of this with the Libre Office spreadsheet Calc. Got the command from G'MIC, reproduced it 89 times. Opened in Calc and selected the row with the Offset degrees. This is between -180 and +180 and easy to find. The spreadsheet makes it easy to put 4 degree increments over 90 frames. Export as a CSV and open in a text editor. Then add-in the batch commands and run it. This is not really a filter because it will modify blank frames.


Top
 Post subject: Re: New filter "Rendering / Spline Spirograph"
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:47 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 24, 2021
Posts: 859
Location: SEA - South East Asia
:clap
Thank you David, that's a great filter :jumpclap
:tyspin

Attachment:
random-test.jpg
random-test.jpg [ 3.97 MiB | Viewed 8241 times ]

_________________
Patrice


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group