It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:38 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Help with beautify & focus blur plug ins
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:14 am  (#21) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Mike i did re compile this plugin (forgot).
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4016


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help with beautify & focus blur plug ins
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:51 pm  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Aug 27, 2013
Posts: 11
Hi Rod,

You are very patient and kind...ok..here's what I did. I deleted the existing focuxblur file from my plugins and I downloaded the compiled folder you compiled as your last reply to me. From that download, I re-inserted the focusblurexe folder or file..whatever it is. Ok...I also had the dll file in the plugins folder as well. Re-started Gimp 2.6 and WOW it was there...I had the focus blur as part of the edit tab. Now that bad news and I really do not know what the heck I did.

I wanted to try the focus blur. Found a tutorial on youtube and was following along. When I opened the focus blur it loaded but I was unable to change the gradient at the end of the focus blur window. I got a message from gimp saying " Plug in crashed: focusblur.exe, C/Documents and settings/Mike/.gimp2.6/plugins/focusblur.exe. Then it went on to say "the dying plugin may have messed up GIMPS internal state. You may want to save your images and restart gimp to be on the safe side".

I told you I was not going to be easy. I really thought I had it. I have no clue what is going on. I know I am the elephant in the room so please feel free to beat on me. I deserve it.

Thanks, and sorry to be such a pain...Mike


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help with beautify & focus blur plug ins
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:41 pm  (#23) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Not a problem Mike. No worries. :)
Can you link me to the tutorial and i will try and mimic the error you get. It could quite possibly be the plugin doesn't support some options without the proper dll.
Sounds like you can still use it just without some options. We can work on that also. First things first...supply me with a link to the tutorial please. You can PM it too me if you prefer.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help with beautify & focus blur plug ins
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:10 pm  (#24) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
I tried this one and got these results. It worked fine for me. :) :bigthup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRDp3D-moBY

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help with beautify & focus blur plug ins
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:27 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Aug 27, 2013
Posts: 11
Hi Rod,

I do not think it really has anything to do with the Youtube tutorial. I think I screwed something up with the download. The tutorial on youtube is by Software Pantry and is "Gimp Tilt Shift".

The problem happened when I opened the focus blur option from the edit menu. Behind the focus blur menu is a gimp focusblur.exe. "box" then when the app does not work, that message appears. Let me know if this helps. Much appreciated.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help with beautify & focus blur plug ins
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:02 pm  (#26) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Not sure what you mean Mike. I tried the tutorial and got pretty good results.

Image

Do you mean Edit>Fade Focus Blur? I am not sure i follow where you are finding Focus Blur in the Edit menu in Gimp-2.6.

Here is the image i used.
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help with beautify & focus blur plug ins
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:28 pm  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Aug 27, 2013
Posts: 11
Hi Rod,

My mistake. Sorry for the screw up on the message. Ok..Gimp 2.6 now loads without that dll message. I opened a pic I wanted to edit and went to the filters menu>blur>focus blur to get the focus blur tool box. The tool box opens up and immediately behind the tool box menu, another window opens up with a heading "C:documents and settings\Mike\.gimp-2.6\plug-ins\focusblur.exe. Strangely, this window has a black field in the box. That's the best way I can describe it....a window filled with nothing but black.

Then when I try to apply the focus blur effect I get that Gimp message..."plug in crashed: focusblur.exe. The dying plug-in may have messed up GIMP's internal state...etc."

The focus blur effect does not execute. It just kicks me out after the Gimp message appears. Does this help? Thanks...Mike


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group