It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:52 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:01 pm  (#41) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I had to do another one of these warp text. It is the most fascinating script I have ever run across, just to watch it makes you wonder how all that mess can end up up with text. It is amazing.
The top one is the original and the bottom one after I ran the script, then I used Tux's bevel reflect logo.

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:03 pm  (#42) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
molly wrote:
I had to do another one of these warp text. It is the most fascinating script I have ever run across, just to watch it makes you wonder how all that mess can end up up with text. It is amazing.
The top one is the original and the bottom one after I ran the script, then I used Tux's bevel reflect logo.

[ Image ]

That's beautiful Molly!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:04 pm  (#43) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
It is fun. I was going to use my ipad and make a small vid of the way it works. Thanks Aris.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:34 pm  (#44) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
Very nice Molly.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:37 pm  (#45) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thank you warrior, have you tried it yet?

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:38 pm  (#46) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
molly wrote:
Thank you warrior, have you tried it yet?

A simple one, just to check it out: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9755#p127290

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:50 pm  (#47) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
I had forgotten how much fun this script is!

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:55 pm  (#48) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
wow, that was fast, mine took almost 3 hrs. The one I was doing yesterday before it crashed had already gone 6 hrs and a little over half way finished before it chugged out.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:56 am  (#49) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 590
Molly and Erisian, very nice jobs.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:47 pm  (#50) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
tonysteele wrote:
Tried warp text.
[ Image ]
Tried layers.
[ Image ]
Couldn't get curve bend to cooperate.

Hey Tonysteele, how did you get the text to look strait from top to bottom in the second Linos flag image, but still have that curved bottom?

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:38 am  (#51) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 25, 2013
Posts: 142
Location: Wyoming, Michigan
Wallace: I made a path with a curved at the bottom, filled it in on a separate layer with any color, and put each letter on it's own separate layer, than used the perspective tool on each letter to follow the shape of the path, finally deleted the path layer.

_________________
Image
http://tonysteeleebw.deviantart.com/


Top
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:33 am  (#52) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Carlos Diniz wrote:
Molly and Erisian, very nice jobs.

Thank you Carlos. I just had to do another!

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:49 am  (#53) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Nice Eris, a fun to watch script, isn't it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:31 am  (#54) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
molly wrote:
Nice Eris, a fun to watch script, isn't it.

It's hypnotizing!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Text_curve
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:57 am  (#55) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
tonysteele wrote:
Wallace: I made a path with a curved at the bottom, filled it in on a separate layer with any color, and put each letter on it's own separate layer, than used the perspective tool on each letter to follow the shape of the path, finally deleted the path layer.

I see... This way seems to work much better.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group