It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:56 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Can't get polka dot pattern seamless without distorting[Solved] th
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:47 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Wow, I will have to see if I have that script tomorrow when I turn on my desktop, in bed now with the iPad.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can't get polka dot pattern seamless without distorting[Solved] th
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:04 pm  (#22) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Molly 'Pattern from Image' is available at GimpScripts and here at the support link on GimpChat

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Last edited by Graechan on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Can't get polka dot pattern seamless without distorting[Solved] th
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:31 pm  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thanks Graechan, see ya tomorrow.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can't get polka dot pattern seamless without distorting[Solved] th
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:22 am  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
@Graechan, the script worked but when I pasted it into a larger layer, it wasn't seamless.
Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can't get polka dot pattern seamless without distorting[Solved] th
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:47 am  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 30, 2012
Posts: 2174
Molly - the pattern is seamless, the problem is with the initial size of your pattern and the area you are trying to fill, say I create a pattern 300px * 300px and use it to fill a canvas 1000px by 1000px. The pattern would repeat 3 times (300px*3=900px) and then have to fill the remaining 100px so only using a third of the pattern, this then makes your pattern seem offset or not seamless.
The best solution I have found to get around this is to create a new layer larger than my canvas area but which is also a multiple of my pattern size, so in this case I would create a layer 1200px * 1200px (300px*4=1200px), I would then fill this layer with the pattern. Then centre layer to canvas size and final crop to canvas.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can't get polka dot pattern seamless without distorting[Solved] th
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:54 am  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
O, thanks, I didn't know that. I thought it would paste into any size canvas as a seamless pattern.

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group