It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:47 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: How to make these designs and snap to object?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:29 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 26, 2014
Posts: 53
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level



Image
Image
Image
I'm trying to make something like that but I have my own design.

Anyone here can help me make the selection into an object? or something that will make me align the object and snap it to object. Thank you.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: How to make these designs and snap to object?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:48 am  (#2) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
I don't see what you call an "object"...

To align layers there is the Align tool. But that assumes that these layers are just big enough to contain the things you want to align (try Layer>Autocrop layer to obtain such a layer).

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: How to make these designs and snap to object?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:14 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 26, 2014
Posts: 53
Oh yeah, I meant the second image. The petals are attached to the small circle at the middle. So I want it to snap to the middle of the circle.

How do you also make sure that the object turns into a box section which is the actual size? It was difficult since when I move the object it self like I was moving the entire layer and not just the object itself. That way I can make the petals align/snap properly.


Top
 Post subject: Re: How to make these designs and snap to object?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:54 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 10, 2013
Posts: 863
Maybe this could be help you
Alignment and Distribution of Graphic Elements in GIMP

_________________
bbbbbbbbbbbImage
bbbbbbbbbbb Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: How to make these designs and snap to object?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:33 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 18, 2011
Posts: 283
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Hi,

Snapping the rotation point of each petal at the centre requires that you re-position the pivot of the rotation tool for each layer of the petal. With guides on canvas will make work easier.

You may be also interested in the similar work done in photoshop from the link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSXC8mM-A3k

Regards.


Top
 Post subject: Re: How to make these designs and snap to object?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:55 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 26, 2014
Posts: 53
josephbupe wrote:
Hi,

Snapping the rotation point of each petal at the centre requires that you re-position the pivot of the rotation tool for each layer of the petal. With guides on canvas will make work easier.

You may be also interested in the similar work done in photoshop from the link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSXC8mM-A3k

Regards.

I actually saw what you were referring to at the 4 minute mark.

But I wonder how those object in the tut that Akros posted was made. Are those objects in the same layer or they each have their own layer? I'm puzzled because I end up moving the entire layer instead of just the objects themselves. TIA


Top
 Post subject: Re: How to make these designs and snap to object?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:35 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 10, 2013
Posts: 863
Kenlee20 wrote:
(...) But I wonder how those object in the tut that Akros posted was made. Are those objects in the same layer or they each have their own layer? I'm puzzled because I end up moving the entire layer instead of just the objects themselves. TIA

ofnuts wrote:
(...) But that assumes that these layers are just big enough to contain the things you want to align (try Layer>Autocrop layer to obtain such a layer).

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

:bigthup

_________________
bbbbbbbbbbbImage
bbbbbbbbbbb Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: How to make these designs and snap to object?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:17 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
I have always loved Jolie's tutorials, they are so thorough and easy to learn from.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group