It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:59 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Odd happenings with old XCF file
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:52 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Mac OS
GIMP Experience: Basic Level



I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I needed to make a change on an old xcf file with many layers. So I open gimp, pull up the file, and try to make the change. It is an edited text file I think, I don't really remember, but the layer has text on it. When I click the layer, it jumps to another text layer, and puts up a pop up about eliminating the editing in order to work on the text. I can't do that because it's the wrong layer. I was thinking this is happening because all the layers are made to image size. So I tried to make a new layer and make the new text on that, but the same thing happens, it jumps to that same other text layer and has the edit box pop up. I have no idea how I can get that layer that I want to change, to allow changes.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Odd happenings with old XCF file
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:16 pm  (#2) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
You could delete the text-layer you wish to change and create a new text-layer to replace it, as it has probably lost it's text-layer info

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Odd happenings with old XCF file
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:01 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
I found a work-around. I moved the layer I wanted to change up to the top of the stack. Then it allowed me to go to text, get the pop up and hit the remove editing choice and make changes. This also worked on another text layer that I needed to change. Whatever layer I needed to do, I had to put it on the top of the stack.

*not sure what the reason was, as to why this worked.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group