It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:35 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: How to Create Icons, Themes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:26 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
You're probably right it is a complex task. I'll check out your blogs. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: How to Create Icons, Themes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:01 pm  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 04, 2012
Posts: 32
mackenzieh wrote:
Esper wrote:
xgeous is the GimpNinja

from time to time he drops another amazing piece of art on us
then vanishes

whats not to like

:clap


Ha ha ha , Esper you made my day today, that was funny -GimpNinja-. That's true though I vanish and reappear from time to time. Esper you are the best, I don't know why but I like you. I would like to thank you guys for your comments and for sure I am going to start working on the video tutorial on how to create not the whole webpage but just the main picture. I'll let you guys know whenever I finish it.

_________________
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates


Top
 Post subject: Re: How to Create Icons, Themes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:49 pm  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 17, 2012
Posts: 2769
thanks mate ;)


Top
 Post subject: Re: How to Create Icons, Themes
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:23 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
I've revived this thread with a better post:

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to create a wordpress blog theme and a Coppermine Gallery theme in gimp? I've seen tutorials about how to create themes in photoshop but none for gimp.

I have attached a few images to give a better explanation at what I'm looking for:

http://pinkchaos.org/folio/displayimage ... play_media
http://pinkchaos.org/folio/displayimage ... play_media
http://pinkchaos.org/folio/displayimage ... play_media
http://pinkchaos.org/folio/displayimage ... play_media
http://pinkchaos.org/folio/displayimage ... play_media

(side note, the images I linked to aren't mine... just examples of what I'm looking for)

Any help would be great. Thanks


Top
 Post subject: Re: How to Create Icons, Themes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:32 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Your sample website is all HTML and CSS other than the one image.

These days a blog theme should be responsive (mobile friendly). The problem with designing websites in Gimp or PS, they don't always scale properly on a small screen. If you're unfamiliar with web design I would find a free responsive Wordpress theme and adapt it. Also make note of Themes Supporting Post Formats to get a feel for what's available.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: How to Create Icons, Themes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:09 pm  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Odinbc wrote:
Your sample website is all HTML and CSS other than the one image.

These days a blog theme should be responsive (mobile friendly). The problem with designing websites in Gimp or PS, they don't always scale properly on a small screen. If you're unfamiliar with web design I would find a free responsive Wordpress theme and adapt it. Also make note of Themes Supporting Post Formats to get a feel for what's available.


Oh, okay. I'm familiar with webdesign. I took a course in college, so I know enough to get by. I was just wondering if themes could be created in gimp if at all possible.


Top
 Post subject: Re: How to Create Icons, Themes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:53 pm  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Sure you can create mock-ups in Gimp, experiment with colors, design palettes. The reality these days is recreating the look and feel, as much as possible, with HTML & CSS code that is responsive (mobile friendly) rather than menu icons and graphic templates. The images you add later is another issue, the website template (look, feel, navigation, backgrounds, etc.) on it's own should load as efficiently as possible.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: How to Create Icons, Themes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:37 pm  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Odinbc wrote:
Sure you can create mock-ups in Gimp, experiment with colors, design palettes. The reality these days is recreating the look and feel, as much as possible, with HTML & CSS code that is responsive (mobile friendly) rather than menu icons and graphic templates. The images you add later is another issue, the website template (look, feel, navigation, backgrounds, etc.) on it's own should load as efficiently as possible.


Thanks for the advice, O. :)


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group