It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:58 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Can't find extra plug-ins for Mathmap
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:36 am  (#61) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I don't know what I did but I think I fixed it.

Image

I will look it up again, what I did and post it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can't find extra plug-ins for Mathmap
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:44 am  (#62) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
Looks like you got it!! :wh

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can't find extra plug-ins for Mathmap
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:51 am  (#63) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
:oops: I was afraid to tell you what I did but here goes.
I put this command in the terminal
su -c 'yum update selinux-policy

As soon as I did that, the extra folder that PC just posted went right in. I then took out the ones I added earlier in another folder. I hope I didn't do anything that is going to cause a major disaster.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can't find extra plug-ins for Mathmap
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:58 am  (#64) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Well done Molly. :hi5 :wh


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can't find extra plug-ins for Mathmap
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:58 am  (#65) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
molly wrote:
I put this command in the terminal
su -c 'yum update selinux-policy

That's just an update. If you had simply entered: yum update, it would have updated SELinux, along with everything else that needed updating. I noticed there were new updates to SElinux policy when I updated my system last night.

That's not the old "extra" folder you were having problems with, anyway. That is from the updated zip I posted into PC's thread. I changed it to "extras" and added those additional folders underneath it.

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can't find extra plug-ins for Mathmap
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:06 am  (#66) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
hmmm, and here I thought I was so smart. My bubble just bursted.

I did notice it was extras instead of extra but it didn't dawn on me that it would make a difference.

Oh well, now that I am down to earth, I am happy it is now solved.

Thank you.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can't find extra plug-ins for Mathmap [SOLVED] thanks everyone
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:07 pm  (#67) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Glad to see you got it fixed Molly! :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can't find extra plug-ins for Mathmap [SOLVED] thanks everyone
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:35 pm  (#68) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
molly wrote:
hmmm, and here I thought I was so smart. My bubble just bursted.

I didn't mean to suggest you somehow did the wrong thing. Matter of fact, you did exactly the right thing, which was to install the latest updates. The fact that you crafted your update command to target the SELinux policy means you did some good research beforehand.

Well done, Molly.

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can't find extra plug-ins for Mathmap [SOLVED] thanks everyone
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:09 pm  (#69) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I noticed yesterday that I don't have the animation folder for mathmap, I have it downloaded but I am unable to drag, copy from the download one to my /usr/share/gimp/mathmap/expressions folder. The error shows in my screen shot. I don't use nautilus in Mate, I use Thunar so I don't know what I have to do to get the permissions I need to get this animation folder over which contains the kaleidiscope.mm
I clicked where it said give permissions to all files contained in the folder.
Image

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group