It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:42 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Brush Fade options?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:44 am  (#1) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8475
Location: On the other side of your screen
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 7 Home Premium
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level



I have obviously got my brush set to fade as it fades out when I try to stroke a path and I also have underneath Dynamics options 'fade options'. (I have tried it on the largest number and 0 for fade length and it doesn't change). I do not remember turning it on and it is not on in dynamics - ie 'fade tapering'. How can I get it to go back to normal stroking?
Resetting to default doesn't help either.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Brush Fade options?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:55 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
What happens when you turn the dynamics off?

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Brush Fade options?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:02 am  (#3) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8475
Location: On the other side of your screen
molly wrote:
What happens when you turn the dynamics off?

Edit. I just tried basic. Dynamic off it works. I assumed you would need it on for the stroke to emulate brush dynamics.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Brush Fade options?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:10 am  (#4) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8475
Location: On the other side of your screen
Thanx Molly
Image

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Brush Fade options?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:05 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Very cool

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group