It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:18 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: I need help from the forum gurus (Solved)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2025 7:58 am  (#21) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Issabella wrote:
To you Gimp experts,
after several tests, I can confirm that: I'm talking of Samj versions.
Changing the Gimp.exe file with one older version so that Samj's Gimp 3.0.2 version would start working, didn't work.
By mistake, I changed EN.exe from the previous version to the new Gimp 3.0.2 version. To my surprise, the program started working.
I don't understand why, but that's how it is.
Thank you for all the help you've given me. Now I'm happy to have the program working with the new version.
Thank you, :tyspin

That's wonderful Issabella!
:clap

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: I need help from the forum gurus (Solved)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2025 8:45 am  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
:clap :clap :clap
The first launch of the portable version is very slow (nothing even appears for up to 1 minute), which can confuse users. :geek
I have sent the diagnosed information about the problem detected by Wallace to Samj (maybe she will read my comment). :roll:

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: I need help from the forum gurus (Solved)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2025 10:00 am  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thanks Wallace, your wise help was guide for a solution :tyspin
MareroQ, yes, I wish she can read your comment. Your idea and my mistake solved the problem. :hehe (thanks MareroQ)
I was so disappointed with getting the new version, I couldn't understand it, as before it had never been so difficult for me. :)

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: I need help from the forum gurus (Solved)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2025 1:09 pm  (#24) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Issabella wrote:
Thanks Wallace, your wise help was guide for a solution :tyspin
MareroQ, yes, I wish she can read your comment. Your idea and my mistake solved the problem. :hehe (thanks MareroQ)
I was so disappointed with getting the new version, I couldn't understand it, as before it had never been so difficult for me. :)

You're most welcome Issabella.
Samj has always been my preferred and reliable source,
for obtaining the latest portable GIMP app.
I often test and use a few of the portable versions myself,
before committing to a full installation.
Simple straightforward testing can something lead to the most favorable results.
This is something I would have done anyway,
only because I can and it's habit.


. . .

The "guru" that Issabella has mentioned.
Is actually a collective knowledge that arises from the combined contributions,
and experiences of multiple individuals within this small community.

Image

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: I need help from the forum gurus (Solved)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2025 9:49 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
You put it nicely Wallace. :coolthup
There are few active users but the number of visitors surprises me. :lol

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: I need help from the forum gurus (Solved)
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2025 12:46 am  (#26) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
MareroQ wrote:
You put it nicely Wallace. :coolthup
There are few active users but the number of visitors surprises me. :lol

[ Image ]

I know!?
:shock:

Mostly lurkers, it seems...
I was a lurker once too.

:hehe

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group