It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:09 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Aiee!! Gimp Running sooo SLOW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:39 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Feb 22, 2012
Posts: 295
Location: Germany
actually, the link leads you to all versions. It is a link to a git repository. You have to checkout a version. The "primary" version is the "master branch", its gimp-2.9.1. You have to checkout the "gimp-2.8" branch. Its gimp-2.8.1.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Aiee!! Gimp Running sooo SLOW
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:59 am  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 29, 2010
Posts: 711
Location: Netherlands
Thanks a lot Onkel Hatti,
So far I used git clone w/o bothering to read the manual.
Now I know how to get me a particular branch.
It compiled ok and now have 2.8.1 with the latest patches.
I can now make use of lcms 2 and sRGB V 4.
Thanks.
Gerard.

_________________
Gentoo Linux always up-to-date.
Kernel-3.17.4 Python-2.7.8/3.3.5
Gimp-2.8.14

I use Linux only.
And Virtualbox with Win 7


Top
 Post subject: Re: Aiee!! Gimp Running sooo SLOW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:47 pm  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 29, 2010
Posts: 711
Location: Netherlands
@Onkel Hatti,
You wrote this:
Quote:
I use my own 2.8.1, made from the freshest git-sources, because I have proposed some patches, that I use, but are not commented by the developer team.


Well they are now:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/commit ... c32375f9b7

Grtz,
Gerard.

_________________
Gentoo Linux always up-to-date.
Kernel-3.17.4 Python-2.7.8/3.3.5
Gimp-2.8.14

I use Linux only.
And Virtualbox with Win 7


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group