It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 10:20 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Gimp don't start anymore
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:42 pm  (#1) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Jul 02, 2015
Posts: 2
GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 8.1
GIMP Experience: Basic Level



Hi! This is my first post in this forum! I haven't used Gimp for a couple of weeks. But now when I click on the icon to start Gimp, nothing happens after some seconds. When I click on the small Gimp loading window, it says it's not responding and then nothing happens! What could be wrong? It has always worked fine for me.

I have done a lot of things like system recoverys if other software och drivers could affect Gimp. I also empty some cache font folder. I have also uninstalled the Open Office, because when I installed that software some time ago, Gimp didn't work at all, but this didn't help this time.

Help is preciated! Thanks!


Last edited by 3D-kreativ on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp don't start anymore
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:46 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Here's a thread that may help. Yeah, you can try to delete your gimprc file (well, move it to another place) then re-run GIMP and let GIMP rebuilt that file. I believe I had to do this once in the past, but again, my memories not so keen anymore. lol

http://registry.gimp.org/node/28185

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp don't start anymore
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:20 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14233
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Have you tried to start Gimp using the Gimp.exe itself?
You should find it at, Your Gimp Drive letter:\Your Gimp Program Folder\Gimp\GIMP 2\bin.

Image

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp don't start anymore
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:31 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Feb 22, 2012
Posts: 295
Location: Germany
don't be so impatient... :-)
It takes a longer moment to rebuild the font cache.
Start gimp and then go and have a coffee. After that, gimp will be there.
That happens only once and always after deleting the font cache.

Hatti


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp don't start anymore
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:37 am  (#5) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14233
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Don't let that pesky "Not Responding" throw you off. Wait for it...

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp don't start anymore
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:28 am  (#6) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8476
Location: On the other side of your screen
True, I wouldn't despair if it says not responding. A lot of my programs say that but they nearly all get there in the end.
I would worry if it didn't do anything after quite awhile.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp don't start anymore
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:43 am  (#7) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Jul 02, 2015
Posts: 2
Thanks for all replies! I deleted the gimprc file, and now it's working again! :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp don't start anymore
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:09 am  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Cool that it worked. Wish I could pat myself on the back, but this has been a solution mentioned long before I discovered it for myself by a genius much smarter then me. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group