It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:49 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:41 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Norseman143 wrote:
OdinBC

I think this should take you there (My favorite gradient)

http://www.deviantart.com/art/6-Metalli ... -197304876
I was able to unzip them no problem. I repacked them in an attachment below, see if they work for you. If not then somethings up with your system.
The gradient file names have an asterisk at the beginning. I didn't test them in Gimp, they may work fine as is or you might have to remove the asterisk from each one.


Attachments:
File comment: zip version
6_metallic_gradients_for_gc.zip [1.95 KiB]
Downloaded 74 times
File comment: 7z version (same content)
6_metallic_gradients_for_gimp.7z [865 Bytes]
Downloaded 73 times

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)
Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:50 pm  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2015
Posts: 234
Odinbc wrote:
Norseman143 wrote:
OdinBC

I think this should take you there (My favorite gradient)

http://www.deviantart.com/art/6-Metalli ... -197304876
I was able to unzip them no problem. I repacked them in an attachment below, see if they work for you. If not then somethings up with your system.

I unzipped countless other zip files,except those that He posted, the message I get is "invalid"
Are you using the windows unzipper? If I remember right, I think on my old PC,I used a program I downloaded that did zip files and rare files. Maybe its a Windows thing that wont let me?

I am still getting used to Windows 8
Anyways Thanks


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:53 pm  (#23) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Norseman143 wrote:
Odinbc wrote:
Norseman143 wrote:
OdinBC

I think this should take you there (My favorite gradient)

http://www.deviantart.com/art/6-Metalli ... -197304876
I was able to unzip them no problem. I repacked them in an attachment below, see if they work for you. If not then somethings up with your system.

I unzipped countless other zip files,except those that He posted, the message I get is "invalid"
Are you using the windows unzipper? If I remember right, I think on my old PC,I used a program I downloaded that did zip files and rare files. Maybe its a Windows thing that wont let me?

I am still getting used to Windows 8
Anyways Thanks

You need to get "7-zip" to extract a 7z folder.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:23 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
I've attach a ZIP file version to the post above, give it a go. If you can't unzip either of those or the one from DeviantArt it's likely a problem at your end. In the ZIP file I renamed the gradient file without the asterisk, maybe that is the issue.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:18 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2015
Posts: 234
I am pretty sure thats the program I had on my old PC 7zip

I still find it strange that the one from Microsoft wont work

But, I will do that, get the 7zip

THANKS GUYS!


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group