It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 11:04 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.8 Sometimes Crashing On Export/Save
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:23 pm  (#41) 
Offline
New Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 22, 2014
Posts: 1
I’m annoyed also with this issue, and my image viewer doesn't handle files.xcf
However, I have seen that it crashes only after export when I type another filename, and it has the time to suggest something under what I'm typing. If I type quick enough and hit the enter key before it had the time to suggest me the current filename under what I typed, it doesn’t crash.
So, for the moment, I save the file as 1.xcf, and I export in an empty folder to try the smallest file (I need files to be as small as possible) between png and gif, linear and interlaced.
I save in that order: 1.png 2.png 2.gif 1.gif
Then, I rename the smallest file (usually the linear png, but not systematically).
I had this problem with gimp 2.8 under ubuntu, and still have it under debian.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.8 Sometimes Crashing On Export/Save
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:15 am  (#42) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Jun 05, 2014
Posts: 1
I'm having this problem with GIMP 2.8 under Ubuntu 12.04. It's really annoying in the first place.
MY SIMPLE SOLUTION: just creating a duplicate (Ctrl + D) before doing saving.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.8 Sometimes Crashing On Export/Save
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:23 pm  (#43) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Sep 17, 2014
Posts: 1
is gimp 2.6.8 compatible with winxp ...this version of gimp is crashing on me when i export an image..will let me save xcf but it crashes when i export ...
thanks for any help


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.8 Sometimes Crashing On Export/Save
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:06 pm  (#44) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Mar 06, 2015
Posts: 1
The following workaround worked for me: all you have to do is to rename/delete the directory "C:\users\{your_id}\.gimp-2.8\". Doing so, the next time gimp is loaded it will return back to default, solving problems like the "export" crashing.

I found this solution in a gimper thread, but couldn't share the link (according to this website my post looks too spamy for a new user if I add an off-site url).


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group