It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 5:06 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Bug?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:45 pm  (#1) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 7 Home Premium
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
Script-fu



I have had this version now since it came out. Happened a while back that when I opened gimp script -fu wasn't in the top menu. I closed it and opened again, it was there then and had only happened a couple times since so I didn't worry about it. Now it has started again. Could it be a bug in the version?

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:58 pm  (#2) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14219
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
sallyanne wrote:
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 7 Home Premium
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
Script-fu



I have had this version now since it came out. Happened a while back that when I opened gimp script -fu wasn't in the top menu. I closed it and opened again, it was there then and had only happened a couple times since so I didn't worry about it. Now it has started again. Could it be a bug in the version?

Have you tried to refresh your scripts, to see if you get any king of feed back about your installed scripts.
It may also have something to do with what plugin has been most recently installed.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:13 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
How do I refresh scripts? From gimp or the scripts folder?

I think the latest thing I have put in plugins is mathmap. That isn't a script though is it? I will have to go through them to see what the created/modified dates are I guess.
EDIT:
I just refreshed from the filters>script-fu>refresh scripts
EDIT again:
I have just opened and closed gimp ten times and script-fu has shown up on the top menu each time.
Thank you Wallace :)

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Last edited by sallyanne on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:26 pm  (#4) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14219
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
sallyanne wrote:
How do I refresh scripts? From gimp or the scripts folder?

I think the latest thing I have put in plugins is mathmap. That isn't a script though is it? I will have to go through them to see what the created/modified dates are I guess.

If you go to "Filters>Script-Fu>Refresh Scripts". If "Script-Fu" is part of your menu, it will disappear while you refresh your scripts, and any info about your scripts should pop-up.
If no information shows, Script-Fu should come back and all will be normal.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:29 am  (#5) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14219
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
sallyanne wrote:
How do I refresh scripts? From gimp or the scripts folder?

I think the latest thing I have put in plugins is mathmap. That isn't a script though is it? I will have to go through them to see what the created/modified dates are I guess.
EDIT:
I just refreshed from the filters>script-fu>refresh scripts
EDIT again:
I have just opened and closed gimp ten times and script-fu has shown up on the top menu each time.
Thank you Wallace :)

Refreshing script-fu isn't really meant to fix/repair anything. It's used to load installed/newly installed scripts, and may show if there are any issues with you scripts by refreshing them.
I would keep a close eye on your Gimp to see if this happens again.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:20 am  (#6) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
Didn't actually show anything when I refreshed unless ....was I supposed to look in the ...oh I see.

I have been having trouble with the patterns script since I put it in. Which was ages ago. I nearly always get an error message when making a pattern from an image but it still happens and saves in the patterns.

Warning
Error while loading C:\Users\name\gimp-2.8\Scripts\Pattern-from-image.scm

So should I uninstall and install this script again?

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:54 am  (#7) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Nothing of what happens to you should happen on a healthy system. You should check your hard disk because it looks like it is having problems (corrupted file system or occasional hardware failures).

Make backups before it's too late, and if you already do back-ups, start a new set because you may unknowingly be backing up corrupted files.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:08 am  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Molly was having errors with 'Pattern-from-Image.scm' among others as well.
Subject: missing text and images
Error: (/home/molly/.gimp-2.8/scripts/Pattern-from-Image.scm : 188) eval: unbound variable: image

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:36 am  (#9) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
Thank you both.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:42 am  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
sallyanne
i don't know whether you have the last version of the graechan's script
if not, i attach my copy, which is working
if you like, you may remove what you have and put my copy
just to have a trial...
Attachment:
Pattern from Image.7z [1.84 KiB]
Downloaded 76 times

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:47 am  (#11) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
uhm... i didn't see there is already the topic of graechan active and just below your post
so, take it from there, sallyanne

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:56 am  (#12) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
ok I'll have a look. Thanks dinasset

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:43 am  (#13) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 590
OS:Windows XP
Gimp version: 2.8.10

When I use Filters> Script-Fu> Refresh Scripts, all the menus "Script-Fu, Video, FX-Foundry" disappear and never return. I have to exit Gimp and start again. If I do this, everything returns to normal. I learned that I should not use "Refresh script."

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:16 am  (#14) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
That is very odd. Has it happened to anyone else, I wonder?

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:15 am  (#15) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
Carlos Diniz wrote:
When I use Filters> Script-Fu> Refresh Scripts, all the menus "Script-Fu, Video, FX-Foundry" disappear and never return. I have to exit Gimp and start again. If I do this, everything returns to normal. I learned that I should not use "Refresh script."

My guess is that a script you have installed is causing a crash when you refresh. I've seen similar behavior occur when developing script-fu scripts. Starting GIMP from scratch is OK, but when I manually "Refresh Scripts", an error occurs.

I always see an error message when that happened to me in the past. I'm sure you can find the culprit by starting GIMP from a command prompt, rather than from a short-cut, and then monitoring the command line messages. You can also use the --verbose option for more detailed GIMP messages.

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:12 am  (#16) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 590
GnuTux, I'm sure it was after installation of a script. Unfortunately, I did not realize it at the time and now I can not remember what was the script causing the problem.
I have little knowledge about the functioning of the computer system and I do not know how to boot from the command prompt. I'm afraid to do some mess and make things worse. Thanks for your attention.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:39 am  (#17) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I went over to windows and typed gimp --verbose in the command prompt and got this error. I have never used the command prompt for this before so I don't know why the error.
I also tried just typing in gimp.
Image


Sorry Carlos, maybe one of the windows people can help.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:00 am  (#18) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
Seems my link to scripts has completely gone now. There is no 'Script-fu' menu in my top bar.
I have restored my computer, refreshed scripts, scanned and defragged.
I may have to install another gimp. I can't even 'create logos' from the file menu. So everything I have installed has gone. I only restored to the 30/3/14
Oh I have also uninstalled the last thing I think I downloaded - If memory serves it was a panorama stitcher.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now all of a sudden they are back again. I will see if pattern is working again. I restored it from the recycle bin.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:37 am  (#19) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Mine is working fine. I removed it and went back to the first post by Graechan where he always puts his newest versions and downloaded again, it is working fine now.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bug?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:33 am  (#20) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
molly wrote:
Mine is working fine. I removed it and went back to the first post by Graechan where he always puts his newest versions and downloaded again, it is working fine now.

Fantastic Molly :)

Mine is working again but I still get a error message. I should be able to put up with it - it is only a little thing.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group