It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:44 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Pressure Sensitivity issue in 2.6
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:59 am  (#1) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: May 24, 2014
Posts: 3
GIMP Version: 2.6
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Basic Level



Hi,
I've been having problems with GIMP and pressure sensitivity on my tablet, but I was able to resolve the issue by downgrading to 2.6 and re-installing my tablet drivers. However, GIMP has stopped recognizing my tablet again. I tried opening GIMP w/ my tablet, but it didn't work. I went as far as to re-install 2.6, but it didn't work either. It isn't shown in my input devices. Anyone have any suggestions I can try? Thank you!


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: ~
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:32 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 29, 2013
Posts: 203
~

_________________
~


Last edited by Zeo on Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Pressure Sensitivity issue in 2.6
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:39 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14218
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
:ninja by Zeo...
Have you tried to rule out any kind of hardware issue with your tablet? For example... testing it to see that the table and pen function properly with other software that you might be able to use it with.
Or maybe checking to see if the driver needs updating? If the driver is out of date/old, by updating the driver could help to solve this issue.
Also, I curious as to which "brand" of pen tablet your using, not that this would make any difference that I'm aware of?
Many people, (myself included) have uninstalled and reinstalled Gimp, regardless of whatever the issue might be at hand. To only find out that this has had no effect in solving their issue. This should only be done as a last resort, until such time that every avenue concerning the issue, has been approached without results.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Pressure Sensitivity issue in 2.6
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:16 pm  (#4) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: May 24, 2014
Posts: 3
I just can't seem to get it to stay connected to gimp...I am a painter too, and it gets a bit frustrating. :hoh

Zeo, I did assume it may be my tablet but I am able to use other programs, like Windows Journal, totally fine w/ sensitivity. I am using windows 7, and when my tablet is plugged in, there is a little icon to the left that lets me write and it turns it into text, and it always has pressure sensitivity. I have installed the latest drivers, I have a Wacom Intuos, and so the latest are on their website. The only thing that works constantly for me is to unplug my tablet, close gimp, plug it back in and open the .exe for the wacom drivers and then to re-install, then after reset, gimp has sensitivity again.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Pressure Sensitivity issue in 2.6
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:25 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 1088
Maybe it relates to priority settings.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Pressure Sensitivity issue in 2.6
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:35 am  (#6) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: May 24, 2014
Posts: 3
SysTemX wrote:
Maybe it relates to priority settings.


Can you elaborate?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Pressure Sensitivity issue in 2.6
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:28 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 1088
in the settings for the drivers you generally get an option to set the priority for the device (low med high). FAQ's for wacom are normally helpful on their help site/

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group