It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:03 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: How do I transfer custom gradients in Gimp to new computer?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:38 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 26, 2012
Posts: 17
GIMP Version: 2.8.2.0
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Basic Level



Hello,

I got a new computer and want to transfer all of my custom gradients that are in Gimp on my old computer to my new computer. I have version 2.8.2 on my old computer and 2.8.10 on the new one. I read the manual and it says, "gradients that you create will be stored in your personal Gimp directory on your computer"....but they are not in the gradients folder in my Gimp program files. Where else should I be looking? After creating each one, I hit the "save" button which saves it to the gradient menu, but do I need to do something else to get it in the gradient folder on my computer?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: How do I transfer custom gradients in Gimp to new computer?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:04 pm  (#2) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 4558
Location: Canada
on mine, the default gradients are in
C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\gradients
and the ones i copied/edit/create are in
C:\Users\tin\.gimp-2.8\gradients
tin is my user name

_________________
Image
Visualize your and others dreams coming true.


Top
 Post subject: Re: How do I transfer custom gradients in Gimp to new computer?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:30 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 26, 2012
Posts: 17
I found them! That's where the ones I created were too. Thanks trandoductin! :)


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group