It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:39 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Pixelation thing
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:24 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 26, 2014
Posts: 53
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level



How do I get rid of this compilation? You know when you make something and there's like that bitmap/pixel stuff at the edges of your object/line/curve and it bothers me. This is most obvious in the cursive texts/object. I need something to smooth it down. I tried the Magic Wand tool but it does not work for the pictures because its odd to have part of their face chopped off by the selection.

Link in close-up "T" pic

Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs.

What is that thing? I mean, it's stopping me from linking urls.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Pixelation thing
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:46 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
@Kenlee20, you will be able to link your images or url's after 5 posts.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Pixelation thing
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:59 am  (#3) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Will this tutorial/explanation help?

_________________
Image


Last edited by ofnuts on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Pixelation thing
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:15 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 26, 2014
Posts: 53
That's a bit complicated for a newbie like me but I appreciate the help. I really wanted to make font's though and I just want to have the pixels (say for example in that bitmap font maker) to run smooth and when I did that I got those kind of result so that how I made the thread. \

What I really want to do is make fonts but font forge is not extracting in the folder and I don't know why. I tried to look at alternative but it requires a fee if your gonna use it commercially. It's for an artshop and they also make fonts for art. The only time those font makers allow it is for personal use.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Pixelation thing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:01 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 26, 2014
Posts: 53
How do you make something like Potrace work in GIMP? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potrace


Top
 Post subject: Re: Pixelation thing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:14 am  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2615
Kenlee20 wrote:
How do you make something like Potrace work in GIMP? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potrace


potrace is command line and the absolute basic for gimp is

potrace infile.pnm -b gimppath -o outfile.svg


Recommend using a .pnm file with raw option rather than a gimp produced .bmp which tend to fail.

Using a screenshot of your text, so anything will be an improvement, the path looks like this.

Attachment:
gimp-potrace.jpg
gimp-potrace.jpg [ 67.6 KiB | Viewed 2201 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Pixelation thing
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:33 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 26, 2014
Posts: 53
Thanks. I guess that was a little to technical for a newbie like me. I understand file names but didn't get the coding part. I'm really looking for a fontforge or bitmap maker alternative. I want to try out photofont but I can't download it due to downloading issues.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group