It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 12:32 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: G'MIC Fourier Transform
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:30 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 15, 2013
Posts: 133
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Linux
OS Version: 12.04 LTS
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
G'MIC



Hi,
I'm trying to figure out why this doesn't work on some images. When you click the FT filter from the list, it just displays a transparent preview.

I am using and RGB image and the other FT plugin "Descreen" still works fine so I know it "should" work. I've run into this a few times and just ended up using the Descreen filter instead, but I need the finer control of G'MIC in this situation and it would be nice to get to the root of the problem so I can fix it or learn to avoid it in the future.


Attachments:
GMIC-FT.jpg
GMIC-FT.jpg [ 234.38 KiB | Viewed 2563 times ]

_________________
Gimp 2.8.16
Arch Linux - XFCE 4.12
Some of my work.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC Fourier Transform
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:47 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
That is because your image has an alpha-channel.
Try removing the alpha-channel before doing the FFT, and it should be OK I guess.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC Fourier Transform
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:51 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 15, 2013
Posts: 133
Ronounours wrote:
That is because your image has an alpha-channel.
Try removing the alpha-channel before doing the FFT, and it should be OK I guess.


*Sigh*
I knew it was something simple, but that makes me feel really stupid. :oops:

Thanks Ronounours!

_________________
Gimp 2.8.16
Arch Linux - XFCE 4.12
Some of my work.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group