It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:12 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: GAP Filter all layers bugging
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:03 am  (#1) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Oct 06, 2014
Posts: 1
Hi guys, I recently downloaded Gimp GAP because in order to make better GIFs. Each time I make one, I like to edit the curves or levels of the image, and I was hoping to use Filter all layers to make things much quicker. However whenever I go in the menu and select plug-in-wr-curves, whether I press Load curve or type its location manually, it begins to bug and sooner or later, GIMP tells me the plugin crashed. I've also tried doing this when applying levels to multiple layers and the same thing happens.

Is there a way to fix this bug? Is there a substitute plug in for applying curves in mass? Or do I have to create a new filter with the properties of the curve???


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: GAP Filter all layers bugging
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:08 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 15, 2014
Posts: 115
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Hello, mayakashii,

Welcome to Gimpchat!
There is a substitute plug in for applying curves en masse
What I suggest, however, maybe a trivial exercise of ten or fifteen minutes or the start of a long hike up a learning curve. There is a batch image processing language called G'MIC, upon which the the Gimp-G'MIC plug in is based. It's image model is very general, in that it can regard animated footage of hundreds of frames in length as one image, adjustments applied to this aggregate are applied uniformly as most G'MIC commands have been designed to work along the depth axis as well as width and height. Once one has adjusted the metrics of footage-combined-as-one-3D image, the script language can split the aggregate back into individual frames. The key thing, however, is that the frames have been adjusted in concert, so there is no frame-to-frame flicker, that would arise if adjustment metrics are applied on a frame-by-frame basis. G'MIC works natively in 32 bit floating point, so artifacts arising from computing with small bit depths is hardly a problem.
Here is an example at my website:
Caudron, Anyone?
This animation existed as a single image on the G'MIC pipeline. The pattern "suffused" seamlessly through the footage, as well as more mundane adjustments to the overall gamma curve and contrast. Since G'MIC works in 32bit floating point and could treat the footage as one object, there is no discernable frame-to-frame flicker. The page goes into greater detail.
The downside, of course, is that this is probably a brand-new tool for you, and some do find the scripting a bit -- um -- intimidating. Your first hope, I image, is that GAP gets fixed so that you would not need to venture so far afield. I can appreciate you being chary.
That said, it may be an avenue to explore, and there are G'MIC proficient people here, including the language's designer, who goes here by the tag 'Ronounours'.
See the 'G'MIC Discussions' area on this board.

Good luck

Garry


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group