It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:54 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Completely removing GIMP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:21 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 26, 2014
Posts: 37
GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Mac OS
OS Version: 10.6.9
GIMP Experience: Basic Level



I have installed more than one version of GIMP, the last version was 2.8.14 which I now found out to be incompatible with my version (although it seems to run anyway), and as I am having problems (see here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11496), I'd like to completely remove GIMP and start with a fresh installation.

Does anyone know of a tool or script I can use that will do that? Just dragging the app in the trash obviously will not delete many files in other places, so I'd like to make sure I won't miss anything.

Thanks,
Stefan


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Completely removing GIMP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:46 am  (#2) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Beside getting of the installation tree, you just have to remove the Gimp profile.

Note that just removing/renaming the profile to let Gimp create a fresh new one fixes a lot more problems than reinstalling Gimp.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Completely removing GIMP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:04 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 26, 2014
Posts: 37
ofnuts wrote:
Beside getting of the installation tree, you just have to remove the Gimp profile.

Note that just removing/renaming the profile to let Gimp create a fresh new one fixes a lot more problems than reinstalling Gimp.


ofnuts - thanks for the link to your other post. I removed my profile which didn't fix the problem, but deleting that *and* my applications and replacing them with the build from lisanet did fix it, so all is well.

BTW, the path to the profile is a little different than what you wrote, not sure if it's supposed to be that way. But for the record, my path is
~/Library/Application Support/GIMP/

Thanks again,
Stefan


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group