It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:25 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Printer Settings
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:24 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 04, 2013
Posts: 207
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level



I got a new printer and am not sure what paper setting I should use to print a greeting card. Mine does not have a card stock setting. Ink is expensive so I don't want to waste it.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Printer Settings
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:40 pm  (#2) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2010
Posts: 1171
Location: Here and there
You're going to need to tell us what printer and what settings it does have.

Kevin


Top
 Post subject: Re: Printer Settings
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:41 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
jeanniem wrote:
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level



I got a new printer and am not sure what paper setting I should use to print a greeting card. Mine does not have a card stock setting. Ink is expensive so I don't want to waste it.
What is your printer?
For sure test print your layout in Draught Grayscale on regular paper, most printers have a High-Resolution option.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Printer Settings
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:03 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 04, 2013
Posts: 207
Canon mp 495 all in one /plain paper, photo paper, glossy photo, semi glossy, matte, other and high resolution. The paper I am using is textured and not matted


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group