It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:22 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Gimp 2.8.14 stalls at Looking for Data filess Fonts
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:53 pm  (#1) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Jun 18, 2015
Posts: 2
GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: Win 8.1 on Dell Inspiron 14R
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

List any ERROR messages you received:
Gimp Startup (Not Responding)



I had no apparent problem with installing but when I click to start Gimp, I get Gimp not responding Looking for data files Fonts( this may take a while).
What can I do to fix this?


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp 2.8.14 stalls at Looking for Data filess Fonts
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:30 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Do you have many extra fonts? If so could any be corrupt?
BTW, Where did you download Gimp from?

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp 2.8.14 stalls at Looking for Data filess Fonts
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:47 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
:ditto
go to the folder where you have installed your additional fonts and temporarily remove the fonts then try to start gimp

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp 2.8.14 stalls at Looking for Data filess Fonts
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:41 am  (#4) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
bugbiter wrote:
GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: Win 8.1 on Dell Inspiron 14R
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

List any ERROR messages you received:
Gimp Startup (Not Responding)



I had no apparent problem with installing but when I click to start Gimp, I get Gimp not responding Looking for data files Fonts( this may take a while).
What can I do to fix this?


http://gimpforums.com/thread-if-gimp-ha ... you-run-it

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group