It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:49 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Drag & drop not working
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:45 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jul 17, 2016
Posts: 293
Location: Arlington, TX
GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 10
GIMP Experience: New User



I don't know if this is a difference between the Windows and Linux versions or if I'm just missing a setting somewhere. I can't drag the foreground/background color into a layer or selection like I could on my old system. The only way I can fill anything is with the bucket tool. It's pretty annoying having to switch tools just to do something so minor. What am I missing?

_________________
Just a short while ago I was a complete idiot when it comes to GIMP. Today, after many hours of practice, reading, and watching tutorials, I am proud to say I am an incomplete idiot.

Image


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Drag & drop not working
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:43 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
I have windows 10, Gimp 2.8.22 and I do not have any problem doing that. Is anything else malfunctioning?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Drag & drop not working
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:19 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jul 17, 2016
Posts: 293
Location: Arlington, TX
Not that I've found. But I haven't done much exploring yet.

_________________
Just a short while ago I was a complete idiot when it comes to GIMP. Today, after many hours of practice, reading, and watching tutorials, I am proud to say I am an incomplete idiot.

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Drag & drop not working
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:44 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
No problems doing that here (Linux + gimp 2.8.16). I didn't even know you could do that before now.

Learn something new every day........


Top
 Post subject: Re: Drag & drop not working
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:04 am  (#5) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
Only time I usually have that problem is if the mouse is not working properly (ie. double clicking).
Then because I have a laptop I use the touch/mouse pad.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Drag & drop not working
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:54 am  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 23, 2016
Posts: 317
I had that problem a while back. It was a Windows/Kaspersky problem. But things have been working correctly for the last 6 months.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group