It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:10 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Gimp painter binaries
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:56 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jul 03, 2018
Posts: 38
GIMP Version: 2.7
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level



Hello everyone, I have been searching for gimp painter 2.7 for windows (I know there are some 2.8 and later but I need this one), has anyone got that file?
I would appreciate it very much.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp painter binaries
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:49 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2015
Posts: 256
http://www.oldversion.com/windows/the-gimp/


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp painter binaries
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:38 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2615
If you go to this page: https://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6475 you see that Partha made a (portable) version back in 2013

You can use the Internet Archive site to get the file: https://archive.org/web/

Use the 2013 mirror. example 64 bit version, 108 MB download

https://web.archive.org/web/20130729085 ... e64bit.exe

Based on Gimp 2.8.1 looks like this in a Win10 VM

Attachment:
gpainter.jpg
gpainter.jpg [ 112.79 KiB | Viewed 3724 times ]


Just a change to interface, vertical tabs, tool options strip along the top. I can see how that can be an advantage. The developer moved over to Krita and Gimp 10 now has mypaint brushes. Interesting, although I have not tried it apart from the installation.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group