It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 5:35 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: How do I keep the outline smooth on transparent text GIF?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:36 am  (#1) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Mar 01, 2020
Posts: 1
GIMP Version: 2.10.14
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: New User



How do I keep the outline smooth on transparent text GIF? I upload transparent PNG images as layers and export as GIF but once image is a GIF it's outlines and edges are not smooth anymore.
Image


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: How do I keep the outline smooth on transparent text GIF?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:32 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 10, 2013
Posts: 1442
Location: Finland
Gif does not support partial transparency, only full transparency or color.
Thus, you can't have a smooth edge with a transparent background.
Add a background, or use webP for animation.


Top
 Post subject: Re: How do I keep the outline smooth on transparent text GIF?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:12 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
Why are you saving (what looks like) a still image as a gif?
The other option would be to save (export in gimp) as a png

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group