It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:47 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: G'MIC plug-in no longer available for Mac?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:59 pm  (#1) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Mar 23, 2020
Posts: 1
GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Mac OS
OS Version: 10.9.5
GIMP Experience: Basic Level
URL or Image link: http://https://gmic.eu/download.shtml

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
G'MIC
Wavelet Decompose




Hey guys!

New to the forums here (any forums really; I usually read rather than post!). Usually I'm pretty decent at trouble shooting and figuring things out for myself, but I'm a bit stumped by this one! I'm a longtime Gimp user, and it does well enough for my basic needs (not for my profession, but I do some side gigs with it). I'm finally at the point where it would be really helpful to be able to use wavelet decompose on some projects or G'MIC to split details.

I just went to the G'MIC website and am not seeing any downloads for GIMP 2.8 on a Mac. Am I crazy? Does anyone know anything about this? I've seen screenshots on a different site so I know they were there last year.

Thanks in advance! :)


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC plug-in no longer available for Mac?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:36 pm  (#2) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
What is the OFX download?

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC plug-in no longer available for Mac?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:09 am  (#3) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
Mac OS X
McGimp
McGimp 2.10.18 Standard Edition
McGimp 2.9.5 Color Corrected Experimental Edition
McGimp 2.8.14 64-bit
https://www.partha.com/

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC plug-in no longer available for Mac?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:02 am  (#4) 
sallyanne wrote:
What is the OFX download?


This is OFX acording to the GitLab: G'MIC as a plugin for Adobe hosts (After Effects and Premiere Pro) and OpenFX (Nuke, Natron, etc.)


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC plug-in no longer available for Mac?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:28 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2615
For OSX Gimp 2.8.x
Links to OSX gimp_gmic fizzled out sometime early 2019. This from https://archive.org/web/

Attachment:
osx.jpg
osx.jpg [ 72.32 KiB | Viewed 2789 times ]


The downloads were external links in any case. Partha site is still there, check with him, and the other is http://karo03.bplaced.net/gmic/release/ Some files still there but old.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


cron

* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group