It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:02 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: newbie shirt mockup issue
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:21 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Aug 07, 2012
Posts: 9
GIMP Version: 2.8
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: Windows 7
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level



Hi, I am transposing images on to photos of shirts. A sweatshirt picture I have has two strings down the front. I need the mockup picture to sit in front of the shirt but behind the strings.

I understand layers, etc. but am a beginner for sure. I would guess make a duplicate layer and have the image sit in between. Its getting everything out of the last layer but the strings I have an issue with.

Any help is appreciated and thank you.

I am really enjoying the program.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: newbie shirt mockup issue
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:08 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 17, 2012
Posts: 2769
i get what you mean

it depends on the picture

if its a good photo, you could render the strings, cut them out and put them on a new layer, so that the strings overlap the picture

it would help if you post the pictures


Top
 Post subject: Re: newbie shirt mockup issue
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:19 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Have a look here.
http://gimp-tutorials.net/Graffiti-Tutorial

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: newbie shirt mockup issue
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:40 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Aug 07, 2012
Posts: 9
I appreciate it. Yes I did try the paths tool on a new layer. I think I am close but the problem I am having is when I try and invert and delete the crop the function works differently than if there was just a single layer. I will keep trying. I think the paths tool is the way to go. Thanks again.


Top
 Post subject: Re: newbie shirt mockup issue
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:49 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 17, 2012
Posts: 2769
as i said, post a picture of the hoodie (or whatever it is), im sure i could give you much better advice :bigthup


Top
 Post subject: Re: newbie shirt mockup issue
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:26 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Aug 05, 2011
Posts: 606
Location: limestone,ny
real quick example of what you could do
open shirt and picture you want on it
make sure they have alpha channels
turn down the opacity of the picture (wilber) so you can see the strings
and erase where the strings are, turn opacity back up

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: newbie shirt mockup issue
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:36 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 17, 2012
Posts: 2769
^^ where can i order that shirt ? :mrgreen:


Top
 Post subject: Re: newbie shirt mockup issue
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:56 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Aug 07, 2012
Posts: 9
Perfect. I appreciate it. I like the shirt as well.....


Top
 Post subject: Re: newbie shirt mockup issue
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 24, 2011
Posts: 1785
Location: Dallas, TX
Tux - You reading this? Here's a whole new market for you cuz I want that Gimp shirt too, and a Gimp coffee mug, and a Gimp baseball cap, and a Gimp carry-all bag and a .....etc., etc.,...... Get the picture?

Failing that, anyone interested in having a GIMP t-shirt (or whatever) made, all ya gotta do is provide the artwork and these guys can fix you up.

http://www.cafepress.com/make/personalized-gifts

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: newbie shirt mockup issue
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:56 pm  (#10) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Dec 18, 2014
Posts: 1
I have t-shirt mockup XCF...


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group