It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:55 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Can I save GIMP to an external hard drive?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:09 pm  (#1) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Aug 15, 2012
Posts: 4
GIMP Version: 2.6.11
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: XP - SP3
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level



Hello,

I am a totally new GIMP user.

Can I load GIMP to an external hard drive and use it?

Thank you :jumpclap


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Can I save GIMP to an external hard drive?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:15 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Welcome to GC. In answer to your question, I don't see any reason why not but then I'm not totally up on hardware. If you can run other programs from the hard drive you should be able to run Gimp.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can I save GIMP to an external hard drive?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:58 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Yes, and you can also load it into a USB drive. I have RGGJAN Fork on it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can I save GIMP to an external hard drive?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:13 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 07, 2011
Posts: 102
Yes, you can.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can I save GIMP to an external hard drive?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:40 pm  (#5) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
No problems there I have 2 versions of gimp on an external USB connected drive 2.6 and 2.8 if it fits go ahead

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group