It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:11 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: My tool box on the left side of the single Window Gimp acting up.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:16 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
GIMP Version: 2.8.6
Operating System: Linux
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level



On the left side of my Gimp when it is open goes huge and I can't get it back the way it should be. I have to go to preference then window management and restore it back to the original. I start over and click Windows, single window mode, then the right side attaches but not the left side, the one with the tools. I have to go to windows, recently closed docks and add it. He ends up huge when I add the patterns to the dock and then the tools dialogue goes huge too,
I worked all day on it and every time I think it is fixed, it goes that way again. Here is what the patterns look like in the screen below.
I even try pulling it over with the double arrow and that won't even budge it.
Image

_________________
Image


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: My tool box on the left side of the single Window Gimp acting up.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:19 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
I have the same problem, on occasion. The last time it happened, I had to restore a known good sessionrc to fix it. Luckily, I had posted one here on GC and was able to just copy it from the post and restore it. Here is the thread...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8092

In that thread, Onkel Hatti referenced a know bug that is responsible for the problem. I suppose that you could use the sessionrc I posted but it will rearrange your docks to the way I had them. I guess you could put them back the way you like them. You can always make a copy of your current sessionrc (copy it to the desktop) and try the sessionrc I posted in that thread. If it doesn't work, you can copy yours back from the desktop and go from there.

You can also delete your sessionrc and GIMP will recreate it when it starts, That didn't work for me the last time this bug struck but it might work for you.

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: My tool box on the left side of the single Window Gimp acting up.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:27 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
ok, thank you very much. I will get right to it first thang in the morning. gots to get my reading fix.
I will post here how it turns out.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: My tool box on the left side of the single Window Gimp acting up.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:45 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
ok, I changed the sessionrc to your settings tux and then opened Gimp but the patterns still went to a huge size again.
Anyway, I ended up deleting that sessionrc and let Gimp open another one. I still had the problem with the patterns on the left side so I deleted that tab. I already have patterns on the right so I don't really need them over on the left. So for right now it is okay if I leave the patterns off the left.
To make a long story short, it is fine now so far... thank you. :pengy

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group