It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:50 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Equine Manipulation Help?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:53 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 01, 2013
Posts: 5
GIMP Version: 2.8.4
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Basic Level



Hello,
I make equine manipulations on GIMP, and was wondering if you could let me know easy, quick ways to cut objects out (in my case, it will be horses I'll be cutting out) I use the free select tool, but find that it is much too time consuming, so any tips or hints would be amazing, or even direct me to some tutorials on deviantart would be great.
Thank you!


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Equine Manipulation Help?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:02 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
You might try browsing for "Gimp layer mask tutorial" How successful you will be will depend upon your background but I think layer masks are a great tool to work with.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Equine Manipulation Help?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:07 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 01, 2013
Posts: 5
Erisian wrote:
You might try browsing for "Gimp layer mask tutorial" How successful you will be will depend upon your background but I think layer masks are a great tool to work with.



I've looked it up, it sounds good, I'll try and work on it :) Thank you!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Equine Manipulation Help?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:08 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
There are two tutorials by Jolie, I haven't found the one yet where she removed background from a furry animal, I think it was a cat.
http://www.gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?p=27065#p27065
and this one
viewtopic.php?p=410#p410
On the cat one, I would cut closer to the edge if you are doing horses. Just enough so it is just inside the background, then follow the tute.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Equine Manipulation Help?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:55 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 17, 2012
Posts: 2769
G'MIC - > Split Object

can also be used to turn the split object into a layermask and then fine tune


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group