It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:49 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Olympus ORF
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:23 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
I used to have a script, or plugin that opens Olympus ORF RAW files I gimp but I seem to have lost it. I made a special effort not to lose anything when I switched laptops but it seems that I didn't get everything. I searched the gimp plugin registry but couldn't find it. Does anybody have it or know where I can find it?

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Olympus ORF
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:14 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5870
Ufraw

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
 Post subject: Re: Olympus ORF
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:58 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
ufraw doesn't read orf files, I tried. Besides, I Already have rawtherapee and photivo.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Olympus ORF
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:37 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Raw Therapee will open and send .*orf to Gimp.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Olympus ORF
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:57 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
Yeah i know, I just remember that here used to be a way to load them directly ito gimp. I can just use rawtherapee for it.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Olympus ORF
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:24 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
I just checked UFRraw with Gimp 2.8 32-bit, it opened a *.orf.
I used, File open in Gimp and UFRaw opened up.
I have UFRaw (ufraw.exe) installed in Program Files, Gimp plug-ins (ufraw-gimp.exe) and Gimp bin (ufraw-batch.exe).

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Olympus ORF
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:39 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
hmm, ufraw didn't even see my orf files. Maybe it was missing a dll or something.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Olympus ORF
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:26 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
I just checked my *.dll's and got an idea. I had a problem with a program using tiff's and Gimp in the past. My hack was duplicate "libtiff-3.dll" rename duplicate "libtiff3.dll" (see below).

Here's a list of mine.
C:\Program Files\UFRaw\bin\
libglib-2.0-0.dll
libjpeg-7.dll
liblcms-1-ufraw.dll
libpng12-0.dll
libtiff3.dll
libtiff-3.dll
bzip2.dll
lensfun.dll

C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\liblcms-1-ufraw.dll

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Olympus ORF
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:39 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
I'll give that a try. Rawtherapee and photivo both import into Gimp so I can do it that way. I'm not crazy about photivo because of the weird menu layout but rawtherapee works well and is designed better.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group