It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:25 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:47 am  (#91) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 19, 2018
Posts: 164
I have a vague reminder that I already had problems with this plugin when I used version 2.10.12 of Gimp.

Now even with a more current version, 2.10.21 and using all the default values, I am not getting a good result.

Defaults settings
Attachment:
NoSnow002.gif
NoSnow002.gif [ 3.63 MiB | Viewed 4796 times ]


EDITED


Last edited by Krikor on Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:14 pm  (#92) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
It works very well for me.
Can you check for duplicates? (with the option: "All installed scripts")
https://www.gimpscripts.net/2020/10/tes ... -v-18.html

In the default settings, did you get 25 layers?


Attachments:
Defaults settings-testSNOW.gif
Defaults settings-testSNOW.gif [ 3.8 MiB | Viewed 4847 times ]

_________________
Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:48 pm  (#93) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 19, 2018
Posts: 164
MareroQ wrote:
It works very well for me.
Can you check for duplicates? (with the option: "All installed scripts")
https://www.gimpscripts.net/2020/10/tes ... -v-18.html

In the default settings, did you get 25 layers?

Hi MareroQ,
Yes, 25 layers.
Attachment:
NoSnow1.png
NoSnow1.png [ 293.28 KiB | Viewed 4832 times ]

I searched for duplicity of this script but it was not found.
Attachment:
NoSnow2.png
NoSnow2.png [ 25.68 KiB | Viewed 4832 times ]



duplicate:
script-fu-layer-stroke in
D:\Gimp02Pastas\EstoqueGimp\Scripts\ScriptsAtivos\ScriptsUso\iccii-layer-effects.scm
Menu: <Image>/ICCII FX/Stroke...
Author: Graechan - http://gimpchat.com
Version: Feb 2013
script-fu-layer-stroke in
D:\Gimp02Pastas\EstoqueGimp\Scripts\ScriptsAtivos\ScriptsUso\Layer-FX-2.10.scm
Menu: Stroke...
Author: GPL
Version: Feb 2013/2019


duplicate:
script-fu-layer-vignette in
D:\Gimp02Pastas\EstoqueGimp\Scripts\ScriptsAtivos\ScriptsUso\iccii-layer-effects.scm
Menu: <Image>/ICCII FX/Add Vignette
Author: Graechan - http://gimpchat.com
Version: 2013
script-fu-layer-vignette in
D:\Gimp02Pastas\EstoqueGimp\Scripts\ScriptsAtivos\ScriptsUso\Layer-FX-2.10.scm
Menu: Add Vignette
Author: GPL
Version: 2013/2019


Finished. Found 2 duplicates in 203 scripts


Thank you for taking your time on this!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:22 pm  (#94) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14232
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
I downloaded the gif image you posted.
It is a gif image, but it has only one layer.

Image

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:58 pm  (#95) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 19, 2018
Posts: 164
Wallace wrote:
I downloaded the gif image you posted.
It is a gif image, but it has only one layer.

[ Image ]

:oops:
I'll check, I must have been wrong when saving the file.
Thx Wallace!

BTW
Attachment:
NoSnow002.gif
NoSnow002.gif [ 3.63 MiB | Viewed 4816 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:16 pm  (#96) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
I guess it's not that simple - because I can't see snow.

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:35 pm  (#97) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
@Krikor. The plugin works perfectly fine in your example. Make sure to tick "As Animation" when exporting the gif, or you end up with just one layer and no animation.

Attachment:
test-snow.png
test-snow.png [ 43.05 KiB | Viewed 4807 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:39 pm  (#98) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 19, 2018
Posts: 164
racer-x wrote:
@Krikor. The plugin works perfectly fine in your example. Make sure to tick "As Animation" when exporting the gif, or you end up with just one layer and no animation.

Attachment:
test-snow.png

Racer,
yep, but my result is like seen in viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18190&start=90#p258688


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:48 pm  (#99) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
Make sure "Layer Mode" is set to normal? Or "Opacity" is set to 100?

Attachment:
test-snow.jpg
test-snow.jpg [ 339.88 KiB | Viewed 4796 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:54 pm  (#100) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
In post #93 "Layer Mode" is set to normal or "Opacity" is set to 100.

Changing the brush and image doesn't help?

If so - and there is no error message, the problem may be with the script-fu.exe file (I have no other idea - why?).
If you want to look for a solution (without a guarantee of a solution - but with the elimination of one of the possibilities).
Can you count the instances and location of script-fu.exe (screenshot of all instances from eg.: old_script.fu.exe)? - because you probably installed script-fu.exe with a scrollbar (if so - please provide download link).
But not until tomorrow.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:03 pm  (#101) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
MareroQ wrote:
n post #93 "Layer Mode" is set to normal or "Opacity" is set to 100.


I wasn't talking about the layers menu, I was talking about the script interface menu. If you set opacity to 10 or less, it produces the same results as his did.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:07 pm  (#102) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 19, 2018
Posts: 164
racer-x wrote:
Make sure "Layer Mode" is set to normal? Or "Opacity" is set to 100?


I used 100% defaults settings

MareroQ wrote:

If so - and there is no error message, the problem may be with the script-fu.exe file (I have no other idea - why?).
If you want to look for a solution (without a guarantee of a solution - but with the elimination of one of the possibilities).
Can you count the instances and location of script-fu.exe (screenshot of all instances from eg.: old_script.fu.exe)? - because you probably installed script-fu.exe with a scrollbar (if so - please provide download link).
But not until tomorrow.


I believe I don't have any script-fu.exe installed.
After some problems months ago, I chose to replace script-fu.exe with AltDrag.
Recently however I installed Gimpfu.py


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:17 pm  (#103) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
Be sure "Brush Dynamics" is off in the brush tool window.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:20 pm  (#104) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 19, 2018
Posts: 164
Defaults settings on a black background

I just changed the last option: Open animation windows at end
Attachment:
SnowSettingsDefault.jpg
SnowSettingsDefault.jpg [ 61.91 KiB | Viewed 4775 times ]

Attachment:
SnowOut.gif
SnowOut.gif [ 1.68 MiB | Viewed 4774 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:36 pm  (#105) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 19, 2018
Posts: 164
I think I found the solution !! :jumpclap
I'll test a little more just in case!
Attachment:
SnowComing.gif
SnowComing.gif [ 1.88 MiB | Viewed 4768 times ]

But the result is definitely satisfactory now.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:10 pm  (#106) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
It was the brush dynamics like I said, wasn't it?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:23 pm  (#107) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 19, 2018
Posts: 164
racer-x wrote:
It was the brush dynamics like I said, wasn't it?

The whole problem was caused by a small piece that is in front of my monitor and that manages the use of the keyboard and mouse ... me. :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock:

Somehow I got two other brush packs that contained the same brush used in default mode - Bristles-03.gbr

With that, I had this brush in 3 instances, creating the effect of falling dust and not snow.

I deleted two of these brushes et voilà
GIMP Error
Calling error for procedure 'gimp-brush-get-pixels':
Brush 'Bristles 03 #2' not found


I'm sorry for being noob and creating such a mess. Tomorrow I will have to audit my brushes.

Thanks to the involvement and interest that everyone showed in this case, I ended up finding the solution.
Thank you all!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:21 pm  (#108) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jan 07, 2021
Posts: 8
Hello )


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:22 pm  (#109) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jan 07, 2021
Posts: 8
Thank you so much for this wonderful script. Just what I've been looking for.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:23 pm  (#110) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jan 07, 2021
Posts: 8
But I have a problem. Does not work on Gimp 2.8.22 portable


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group