It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 3:50 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:48 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2015
Posts: 234
GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: Windows 8.1
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level



I signed on just to see if anyone can answer.

Just got a new PC, I lost all my plugins and scripts with my old PC which was an XP
Now, I have Windows8.1

Gimp runs great on my new Pc, but the trouble I am having is when I click on a filter that has its own box, They are to big, I cant click on the "Apply" button because its not fitting into the main window

Hope that made sense

Does anyone know how I can make these boxes a little smaller

Thanks


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:12 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
One solution is to install, Script-Fu Scrolling Interface.
Or right click on the dialog title bar, select move. Use the mouse or arrow keys to adjust the dialog position, click anywhere in the dialog to release the move function.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:50 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2015
Posts: 234
No, that doesnt work

I have tried resizing,just about every way
The arrow (when trying to resize) appear but they dont do anything

There isnt some way in the settings to fix this?

I even looked in the window tab,and couldnt find anything on how to adjust the size of the window
this makes a lot of my plugins and addons kind of useless if I cant click the apply button


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:28 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
You're the first person to report that the scrolling script-fu modification doesn't work for them.

Are you certain it was installed it properly?

Did you install the correct version for GIMP 2.8.14 located here?

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:49 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2015
Posts: 234
As far as I can tell I installed it correctly, Everything that comes with Gimp, works great
Its mostly when I open a plugin that I added,and you get the features box that pops up
It gives you your options,and at the bottom it usually says "apply"I have had gimp long enough to know where they go,and they appear, and seem to work

When I try to resize it with the arrows, it doesnt do anything. I can get it to move, but its so big it doesnt help

I have only had this PC for about two weeks,and Gimp was one of the first things I downloaded
I downloaded it from the official Gimp page and am sure it downloaded fine

I have Gmic installed, and was playing with that,It worked great,But you dont have those windows that pop up

I am stumped!!!! Its just those windows that are giving me problems


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:15 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
You placed script-fu.exe in the plug-ins folder, correct? Check to ensure you downloaded the correct version (64bit or 32bit) to match your OS.

You can check to see of it's working at all by placing the Logo Toolbox script in your scripts folder, the running File/Create/Logos (gimpchat)/LogoToolbox.

If the scrolling interface is working, scroll bars will automatically appear on the right side of the Logo Toolbox dialog.

I suppose it's also possible that we are not understanding your exact problem and it has nothing to do with script-fu. :hehe

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:01 pm  (#7) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
You could try this...
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com


Note
The Alt-Drag script will override any Alt key function within Gimp.
I suggest that the script be exited/stopped before using any Alt key function within Gimp's interface.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Last edited by Wallace on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:12 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
That looks like a useful Windows 8 script for all kinds of things, Wallace. :bigthup

I'm curious though. Does the Scrolling Script-Fu interface not work properly in Windows 8?

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:53 pm  (#9) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
GnuTux wrote:
That looks like a useful Windows 8 script for all kinds of things, Wallace. :bigthup

I'm curious though. Does the Scrolling Script-Fu interface not work properly in Windows 8?

it seems to be working fine for me look...
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:01 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
Thanks for confirming that, Wallace. I don't have access to Win8 to test with. :hi5

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:39 pm  (#11) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
GnuTux wrote:
Thanks for confirming that, Wallace. I don't have access to Win8 to test with. :hi5

Sure thing Tux. :bigthup

BTW... I'm running Win 8.1, 64bit and using the latest 64bit build for Windows by Jernej Simončič, obtained from gimp.org.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:42 pm  (#12) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2015
Posts: 234
Odinbc and Gnutay

I downloaded the plugins you guys suggested, and it was already there.Must have came with the newest version?

So, I went through all my filters and plugins, and found out it is only one of my plugins thats giving me problems
Its called "Bevel Reflect logo" Its huge! anyway it seems like its just the one,So maybe I will look for an alternative

So my next question Is,I have some favorite gradients that I got from Deviant Art,when I go to unzip them I get a message that says it doesn't recognize it as a legitimate file.I used those same gradients on my old PC so, it might be more of an issue with Windows 8 or that its a 64 bit system? which doesnt really make sense,I always thought zip files were zip files?

Wallace how did you get your gimp to look like that?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:11 pm  (#13) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Norseman143 wrote:
So my next question Is,I have some favorite gradients that I got from Deviant Art,when I go to unzip them I get a message that says it doesn't recognize it as a legitimate file.I used those same gradients on my old PC so, it might be more of an issue with Windows 8 or that its a 64 bit system? which doesnt really make sense,I always thought zip files were zip files?
After 5 posts you will be able to add links. Can you add the link to the gradients file at DeviantArt?

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:13 pm  (#14) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Norseman143 wrote:
Wallace how did you get your gimp to look like that?

It's a theme I use called Aurora-Midnight.
Here is the gtkrc theme file below.
Image
Attachment:
Aurora-Midnight.zip [2.67 KiB]
Downloaded 80 times

Once the theme folder has been extracted from the compressed zip folder. It should be placed into your Gimp Users Themes folder.
Once the theme folder is placed into your Gimp User folder, open Gimp and navigate to, Edit>Preferences>Theme and select the Aurora-Midnight theme.
Restart your Gimp and the theme should be active.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:22 pm  (#15) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
On my setup a restart is not necessary when changing themes.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:31 pm  (#16) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Odinbc wrote:
On my setup a restart is not necessary when changing themes.

This isn't the case for me. When I change to a different theme, the change doesn't take effect until I restart my Gimp.
Why would this be so?
After all, I'm using Windows 8.1 and you're using Ubuntu.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:38 pm  (#17) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2015
Posts: 234
Odinbc wrote:
Norseman143 wrote:
So my next question Is,I have some favorite gradients that I got from Deviant Art,when I go to unzip them I get a message that says it doesn't recognize it as a legitimate file.I used those same gradients on my old PC so, it might be more of an issue with Windows 8 or that its a 64 bit system? which doesnt really make sense,I always thought zip files were zip files?
After 5 posts you will be able to add links. Can you add the link to the gradients file at DeviantArt?

I will go find it


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:39 pm  (#18) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2015
Posts: 234
Wallace wrote:
Norseman143 wrote:
Wallace how did you get your gimp to look like that?

It's a theme I use called Aurora-Midnight.
Here is the gtkrc theme file below.
[ Image ]
Attachment:
Aurora-Midnight.zip

Once the theme folder has been extracted from the compressed zip folder. It should be placed into your Gimp Users Themes folder.
Once the theme folder is placed into your Gimp User folder, open Gimp and navigate to, Edit>Preferences>Theme and select the Aurora-Midnight theme.
Restart your Gimp and the theme should be active.

Thanks Wallace! I think I will try it


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:46 pm  (#19) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2015
Posts: 234
OdinBC

I think this should take you there (My favorite gradient)

http://www.deviantart.com/art/6-Metalli ... -197304876


Top
 Post subject: Re: Trouble Resizing gimp panels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:39 pm  (#20) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2015
Posts: 234
Wallace wrote:
Odinbc wrote:
On my setup a restart is not necessary when changing themes.

This isn't the case for me. When I change to a different theme, the change doesn't take effect until I restart my Gimp.
Why would this be so?
After all, I'm using Windows 8.1 and you're using Ubuntu.

Of course, it didnt work for me

All I get is,Default and small,it didnt show up in the themes window

No big deal though, I will stick with what I have


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group