It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:03 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Scale Image Issue *SOLVED*
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:12 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2015
Posts: 256
GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 7
GIMP Experience: Basic Level



Why is it, when I choose to scale an image by percent, GIMP alters the percent just a bit. 50% will become 50.08 or 50.02?

GIMP does this on it's own. I have tried different or even no interpolation. Does anyone know why and/or how to stop it?


Attachments:
File comment: I have them linked and type in 50 with a setting of percent.
set_percent_linked.png
set_percent_linked.png [ 37.96 KiB | Viewed 2312 times ]
File comment: GIMP changes it to 50.08 on it's own after I hit enter.
set_percent_linked_changed.png
set_percent_linked_changed.png [ 41.46 KiB | Viewed 2312 times ]


Last edited by steven8 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Scale Image Issue *SOLVED*
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:08 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2015
Posts: 256
Oh geez. Never mind. If the size is not divisible by 2, GIMP will make it the closest possible, etc. I proved this by slightly up-sizing to make the sides an even number pixels, and Voila! Given a brain, I guess, but using it...


Top
 Post subject: Re: Scale Image Issue *SOLVED*
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:15 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14219
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
steven8 wrote:
Oh geez. Never mind. If the size is not divisible by 2, GIMP will make it the closest possible, etc. I proved this by slightly up-sizing to make the sides an even number pixels, and Voila! Given a brain, I guess, but using it...

Yeah, Gimp is counting every pixel. In order to get as close to the size you want.
I like how you answered your own question. :hehe

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group