It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Improved MrQ add-on manager (dinasset's request)
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:36 pm  (#81) 
GimpChat Member

Yes Ofnuts,
now we get all the log, but the status dialogue window still remains open (even if the log says "hiding status...")and I cannot remove it.
Main dialog created
Scrollbox created
VBox created
Cancel button created
OK button created
OK sensed
Old containers: set([u'scripts in prova one-by-one'])
New containers: set([])
Activated containers: set([])
Deactivated containers: set([u'scripts in prova one-by-one'])
5 addons stored in C:\Users\User\.gimp-2.8/scripts_storage\scripts in prova one-by-one
Showing status dialog
Refresh: script-fu-refresh
Refresh OK
Hiding status dialog
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this trial was:
1 - removed a couple of scripts from the sub-folder
2 - starte GIMP
3 - unchecked the sub-folder
4 - menu situation: only removed those 3 which were left, the two removed before launching GIMP are still there... and callable from the menu (?)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:18 pm  (#82) 
Script Coder

dinasset wrote:
Yes Ofnuts,
now we get all the log, but the status dialogue window still remains open (even if the log says "hiding status...")and I cannot remove it.
Main dialog created
Scrollbox created
VBox created
Cancel button created
OK button created
OK sensed
Old containers: set([u'scripts in prova one-by-one'])
New containers: set([])
Activated containers: set([])
Deactivated containers: set([u'scripts in prova one-by-one'])
5 addons stored in C:\Users\User\.gimp-2.8/scripts_storage\scripts in prova one-by-one
Showing status dialog
Refresh: script-fu-refresh
Refresh OK
Hiding status dialog
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this trial was:
1 - removed a couple of scripts from the sub-folder
2 - starte GIMP
3 - unchecked the sub-folder
4 - menu situation: only removed those 3 which were left, the two removed before launching GIMP are still there... and callable from the menu (?)

Then the only way to fix is 1) find the bug in the libary stack you use (pygtk, and GTK) or 2) get rid of the status dialog altogether. 2) could be a good idea, but will require some coding of the UI, and I'm not too familiar with that side of things so it may take some time.

For the lingering menus, check the notes in the readme...

Question to all users:
If, instead of staying having a selector window staying around, and a temporary status dialog, there was only one single selector+progress bar dialog, one final "done" message box, which when clicked would disappear together with the selector/progress dialog, would that be OK?

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:19 am  (#83) 
GimpChat Member

Ofnuts, I have a little suggestion:
because the problems I encounter are on checking/unchecking sub-folders in the folder list of scripts, having added/deleted single scripts inside the sub-folder, my little suggestion is the following:
1 - your plug-in has the fantastic capability to place in front of the single script the name of the sub-folder (an example taken from my last use: the script "Rusted.scm" is copied-in or deleted-from using the name "scripts-in&out-Rusted.scm, being "scripts-in&out" the name of my sub-folder)
2 - when removing from the base standard folder of Gimp (scripts) the scripts related to one unchecked sub-folder you could use only the prefix and not the list, I mean: remove ALL the scripts you find in the standard folder which begin with sub-folder name, irrespective of the list currently in the unchecked sub-folder
3 - this will avoid what happens when a single script is removed from the sub-folder (now, if they were three and became two only the two are removed, the third one is left in the standard folder)
4 - maybe (and I underline: maybe) also the non-cancelation of the "please wait..." window could be solved
Obviously, in my ignorance about the scripting, I don't know whether my suggestion is applicable or not.
Thanks for your support
(btw: for myself obviously I agree with the hypothesis of showing only ONE window, as per your "question to all users")

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:43 am  (#84) 
Script Coder

dinasset wrote:
Ofnuts, I have a little suggestion:
because the problems I encounter are on checking/unchecking sub-folders in the folder list of scripts, having added/deleted single scripts inside the sub-folder, my little suggestion is the following:
1 - your plug-in has the fantastic capability to place in front of the single script the name of the sub-folder (an example taken from my last use: the script "Rusted.scm" is copied-in or deleted-from using the name "scripts-in&out-Rusted.scm, being "scripts-in&out" the name of my sub-folder)
2 - when removing from the base standard folder of Gimp (scripts) the scripts related to one unchecked sub-folder you could use only the prefix and not the list, I mean: remove ALL the scripts you find in the standard folder which begin with sub-folder name, irrespective of the list currently in the unchecked sub-folder
3 - this will avoid what happens when a single script is removed from the sub-folder (now, if they were three and became two only the two are removed, the third one is left in the standard folder)
4 - maybe (and I underline: maybe) also the non-cancelation of the "please wait..." window could be solved
Obviously, in my ignorance about the scripting, I don't know whether my suggestion is applicable or not.
Thanks for your support
(btw: for myself obviously I agree with the hypothesis of showing only ONE window, as per your "question to all users")

1. Yes, this is a safety measure in case we have duplicates names in the various sets
  2. Too risky. Assume you have a "Color" set and a "Color-temperature.scm" script that is not in the sets, it would be erased.
  3. You'll have to take the habit of de-activating a set, and then remove the script from the storage directory. I'm not trying to make a manager that is resilient to permanent changes in the subfolders. It is not meant to test things but to put in action some well classified and stable stuff. If you spend your time adding/removing things, the file explorer is your friend (you can add another directory for scripts using Edit/Preferences -> Folders -> Scripts).
  4. I double-checked the code and it does the right thing when files aren't where they are supposed to be (log the problem and carry on). I'm going to get rid of that extra window anyway.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:28 am  (#85) 
GimpChat Member

understand...

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:20 pm  (#86) 
Script Coder

New version without the status dialog here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-t ... s/scripts/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:41 am  (#87) 
GimpChat Member

2 questions

1)which is the updated or recommended version ?
On the first message or in the last

2) As Graechan i use portable version, anyway it has a limit that here helps to simplify :
it is supposed to be installed directly on the drive , whatever the drive may be so the paths would be not modified...except for the drive letter at start ..but how to handle this "except" ?

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:06 pm  (#88) 
Script Coder

PhotoComix wrote:
2 questions

1)which is the updated or recommended version ?
On the first message or in the last

2) As Graechan i use portable version, anyway it has a limit that here helps to simplify :
it is supposed to be installed directly on the drive , whatever the drive may be so the paths would be not modified...except for the drive letter at start ..but how to handle this "except" ?

1) The current one in sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-to ... s/scripts/
2) The main motive when writing this version was to remove all hard-coded paths and use the relevant Gimp variables to find where the files are. That should work also with portable versions.

Last edited by ofnuts on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:44 pm  (#89) 
GimpChat Member

Quote:
1) The current one in sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-t ... s/scripts/

link is screwed out

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:56 pm  (#90) 
Script Coder

PhotoComix wrote:
Quote:
1) The current one in sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-t ... s/scripts/

link is screwed out
Fixed in post...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:08 am  (#91) 
GimpChat Member

thank, the file there doesn't include indication on how to use, not even on how to call it

It should be already explained along this 9 pages topic but a summary will be appreciated

PS the readme i found here download/file.php?id=9316 is still valid or applies to a previous version

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:21 pm  (#92) 
Script Coder

PhotoComix wrote:
thank, the file there doesn't include indication on how to use, not even on how to call it

It should be already explained along this 9 pages topic but a summary will be appreciated

PS the readme i found here download/file.php?id=9316 is still valid or applies to a previous version

Yes, it should be OK...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:14 am  (#93) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks for the this,ofnuts, but I'm having a few problems getting it to work right.

First off I'm running Linux Mint 15 and Gimp 2.8.6. I've installed the python file and so far have been able to get the brush manager and script manager to work.
Image Image

I've also changed the ini file so that the font, pattern, and gradient managers should be working but they're a no show when I click on the help tab.

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[all]
enable:brushes dynamics fonts gradients palettes patterns scripts
addons_active:{GimpUser}/{type}
addons_stored:/home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra
menu_location:{<Type>}
menu_entry:{Type} sets...
menu_description:Manage {type} sets...
dialog_title:{Type} sets manager
[brushes]
addons_stored:/home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/brush
menu_location:<Image>/Help
extensions:.gbr .vbr .gih .abr .GBR .VBR .GIH
[dynamics]
extensions:.gdyn .GDYN
[fonts]
addons_stored:/home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/fonts
extensions:.ttf .otf .TTF .OTF
[gradients]
addons_stored:/home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/gradients
extensions:.ggr .GGR
[palettes]
extensions:.pal .PAL
[patterns]
addons_stored:/home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/patterns
extensions:.png .pat .PNG .PAT
[scripts]
addons_stored:/home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/scripts
extensions:.scm .SCM
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For some reason I can't take a screen shot of the Gimp window when the help tab is active but the brush and script managers are listed there, the other three are not.

When I set this up I used the folder that GURM had been using for addons-stored location and changed the permissions of the individual folders in each of the sections from Root to caz.mark. I found that I had to do this otherwise the new manager would install the brushes or scripts when asked to but when I tried to remove them the check box for each brush or script had been un-checked and there was no way to remove them.
I have disabled Gurm, so that shouldn't be what's causing the problem.

I'm using the latest version of the python file, downloaded from sourceforge yesterday.

Any thoughts on this appreciated.

DeviantArt gallery

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:21 am  (#94) 
Script Coder

Since you are on Linux, can you start Gimp in a terminal and see if you get some output there (at registration time, in particular).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:07 pm  (#95) 
GimpChat Member

ofnuts wrote:
Since you are on Linux, can you start Gimp in a terminal and see if you get some output there (at registration time, in particular).

The only output I get after starting Gimp via terminal is this.

caz@Neptune ~ $ gimp

(gimp:3115): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "aurora",

(gimp:3115): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "aurora",

I don't think this has got anything to do with the MrQ manager it appears to be for a theme engine that I've never been able to locate.

Actual this might be more help. I kept terminal open while starting up the MrQ script manager. From what I can make of it the other managers are loading but there's no sign of them in any of the menu lists.

caz@Neptune ~ $ gimp

(gimp:3254): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "aurora",

(gimp:3254): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "aurora",
Configuration initialized OK
Reading configuration file /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/addonCollectionManager.ini
Configuration file /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/addonCollectionManager.ini read successfully
Creating manager for brushes
Searching directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/brush/* for brushes
19 directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/brush/* for brushes
Manager of brushes created OK: active: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/brushes, stored: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/brush, subdir: True, link: True, extensions: (u'.gbr', u'.vbr', u'.gih', u'.abr', u'.GBR', u'.VBR', u'.GIH')
Creating manager for fonts
Searching directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/fonts/* for fonts
0 directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/fonts/* for fonts
Manager of fonts created OK: active: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/fonts, stored: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/fonts, subdir: True, link: True, extensions: (u'.ttf', u'.otf', u'.TTF', u'.OTF')
Creating manager for patterns
Searching directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/patterns/* for patterns
3 directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/patterns/* for patterns
Manager of patterns created OK: active: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/patterns, stored: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/patterns, subdir: True, link: True, extensions: (u'.png', u'.pat', u'.PNG', u'.PAT')
Creating manager for palettes
Searching directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/* for palettes
5 directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/* for palettes
Manager of palettes created OK: active: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/palettes, stored: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra, subdir: True, link: True, extensions: (u'.pal', u'.PAL')
Creating manager for scripts
Searching directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/scripts/* for scripts
7 directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/scripts/* for scripts
Manager of scripts created OK: active: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/scripts, stored: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/scripts, subdir: False, link: True, extensions: (u'.scm', u'.SCM')
Creating manager for dynamics
Searching directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/* for dynamics
5 directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/* for dynamics
Manager of dynamics created OK: active: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/dynamics, stored: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra, subdir: True, link: True, extensions: (u'.gdyn', u'.GDYN')
Creating manager for gradients
Searching directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/gradients/* for gradients
2 directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/gradients/* for gradients
Manager of gradients created OK: active: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/gradients, stored: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/gradients, subdir: True, link: True, extensions: (u'.ggr', u'.GGR')
Starting scripts manager
Configuration initialized OK
Reading configuration file /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/addonCollectionManager.ini
Configuration file /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/addonCollectionManager.ini read successfully
Searching directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/scripts/* for scripts
7 directories as /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/scripts/* for scripts
Manager of scripts created OK: active: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/scripts, stored: /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/scripts, subdir: False, link: True, extensions: (u'.scm', u'.SCM')
Creating main dialog
/home/caz/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/addonCollectionManager-3.0.py:517: GtkWarning: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "aurora",
  self.mainDialog=gtk.Dialog()
Main dialog created
Scrollbox created
VBox created
Cancel button created
OK button created

Edit: I just noticed that the terminal output states that the Dynamics and Pallets managers are finding directories in my extra folder to load, but there's none there for them to find.

Maybe this is where the problem lies?

DeviantArt gallery

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:43 pm  (#96) 
Script Coder

Because your config for dynamics and palettes points to /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/ (config says: "/home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/" and not to /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/dynamics or /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/palettes (either use an explicit /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/dynamics, or change the default entry to "/home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/{type}"

Also a proper menu location isn't {<Type>}, but <{Type}>

Note that for all you can replace the /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/ part by {GimpUser}

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:18 pm  (#97) 
GimpChat Member

Okay thanks.
I added the lines /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/pallets and /home/caz/.gimp-2.8/extra/dynamics to the ini file, and also added the line menu_location:<Image>/Help to both of them. When I check in terminal it say that for both palettes and dynamics there are zero directories, which is how it should be. So that's working okay now. But there is still no sign of the manager entries when I click on the help tab, except for the scripts manager and the brushes manager. I have changed the menu location entry in the ini file so that it now says <{Type}> but that hasn't solved the problem.
Any more thoughts on this appreciated.

DeviantArt gallery

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:08 am  (#98) 
GimpChat Member

Where is the menu entry ?
Should be installed but ...where ?

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:57 am  (#99) 
Script Coder

By default, in the Gimp list for the add-ons, in both the global list menu or in the right-click menu:

Attachment:
BrushMenu1.png
BrushMenu1.png [ 95.46 KiB | Viewed 1596 times ]
Attachment:
BrushMenu2.png
BrushMenu2.png [ 70.11 KiB | Viewed 1596 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:10 am  (#100) 
GimpChat Member

So something went wrong when installing, but i can't imagine what the file is in the main plugin folder .

I tried on Onkel Hatti- gimpainter build ...i was thinking was supporting py plugin (honestly i didn't check first , i did for other build but not this

I must leave now i will try again later tonight , anyway i should install also on my other gimp , maybe that will give me a hint

Mrs Wilbress

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next